FS: Vintage Sound "Vintage 40" - Vibroverb Clone SOLD

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs Emporium Archive' started by hardys, Mar 11, 2015.

1. hardys

hardys Member

SOLD. I’m selling my mint, Vintage Sound, “Vintage 40” model amp. It has very low hours and there isn’t a mark on it other than a small tear in the Tolex on one of the corners. This is a clone of a Blackface Fender Vibroverb AB763 circuit. Vintage Sound Amps are about as close as you can get to an original Blackface and are hand built & hand wired faithfully like the originals from the ‘60’s. These amps sound remarkably close to the originals. Now that I have an original Blackface, I no longer need the Vintage 40. There are also some cool extra options with this amp. This amp sells for almost $2300.00 new with the extra options. I’m only asking $1699.00 and it’s in virtually new condition. I’d prefer to sell it locally in the Charleston, SC area, but will ship it for the additional amount of actual shipping costs. PayPal works for me and I’ll eat the fees. If shipped it will be in it's original shipping box.

1) It has the Diaz Tremolo Mod circuit, which allows you to bypass the tremolo circuit completely if desired, by simply by turning the intensity knob fully counter clockwise. This gives it more gain & an aggressive, tighter sound.

2) Reverb and tremolo are available on BOTH channels 1 & 2 and there is a dwell control on the rear panel to adjust the reverb size.

3) Channel 1 is voiced with mild high gain & compression, which makes a nice contrast to channel 2’s typical Blackface clean tone.

4) You can select between either a tube or solid state rectifier with the toggle switch located on the back panel. The solid state rectifier tightens up the bass and adds a little more clean headroom. $25.00 upgrade.

5) I had Rick (Vintage Sound Amps owner) upgrade the stock transformer to beef it up from the standard 40 watts to 50 watts. $50.00 upgrade

6) I had it configured as a 1x12, as opposed to a 1x15”, as I prefer the sound of 12” speakers and it makes the amp lighter in weight. This also give you a LOT more options for different speakers, as there aren't many choices in the 15 inch size.

7) Tilt back legs were installed at Vintage Sound and is a $50.00 upgrade.

8) An exact fit, $30.00 vinyl amp cover is included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  2. lumco

lumco Most of the roads I travel are muddy Gold Supporting Member

Very nice well built amps

3. hardys

hardys Member

Yes, I couldn't agree more. Impeccable workmanship. Even the rear panels are put on better than how most boutique companies do it.

Instead of plain wood screws going directly into the frame to attach the panels, Rick uses machine screws that screw into threaded anchors embedded in the frame to secure the panels. No more stripped out holes in the wood!

4. hardys

hardys Member