1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

FSR 5760 strat?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by IbanezAFS75, Jan 7, 2008.

1. IbanezAFS75

IbanezAFS75 Member

Just played one of these, a Fender Factory Special Run 5760 strat. was close to buying it but i've never heard of the model before. wanted to do a little bit of reading up on it before i bought it. It played wonderfully, but havent been able to find much in the way of reviews on it.

Anyone else played one?

2. John C

John C Supporting Member

Since Fender doesn't put specs on the FSR guitars up on their website, could you provide some more specifics - or a link to the guitar on Musician's Friend or some other website?

Offhand I don't know what a 5760 Strat is; I don't think I've seen one but you never know.

3. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

4. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

I was just coming on to post a praise thread and did a search first so I'll add to yours in hopes to help you, too. First, I'm here to tell you that the one I tried is without a doubt the most comfortable stock Fender Strat I've played, and I'm including some great vintage and custom shop pieces. The weight, balance, neck shape, radius and setup were phenomenal on this, right off of the shelf. I know the "gotta try a bunch to find the one that's right" rule, but this is the second time Fender has surprised me- and the other was a MIM, too (a '69 Thinline.) Go figure!

I've got to get a sunburst Strat, and I'm getting this one. I've recently entertained an EJ, American Standard, Jimmie Vaughan, SRV, Mayer, 50's, 60's and some other one-offs. The 5760 is it for me. The vintage tint on the neck topped with a rosewood board is killer, BTW. I'll probably get an anodized gold pickguard, but that's it. Sure, it's an MIM and, as such, the electronics could be more "premium" on it. But the pickups are fine and the no pot/wiring changes are necessary by any means.

According to one claim, it is the first time in Fender's history that they have put a rosewood neck on a 2-tone sunburst body on a professional guitar. I'm fairly certain that is not true, but I don't know what they mean by "professional guitar" here.

Description and specs:
    Designed by Portland Music Company for the AIMM group. Limited run of only 250. Combining desirable features of both 50’s and 60’s era Stratocasters, the 5760 features a 2-color sunburst alder body, vintage style pickups with staggered Alnico 5 polepieces, rosewood fretboard, and vintage hardware.
    Features:
    • Body: Alder
    • Neck: C-shaped maple, gloss polyurethane finish
    • Fingerboard: Rosewood, 7.25” Radius (184 mm)
    • No. of Frets: 21 Vintage Style Frets
    • Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
    • Width @ Nut: 1.650” (42mm)
    • Hardware: Chrome
    • Machine Heads: Fender/PingĀ® vintage-style tuning machines
    • Bridge: Vintage synchronized tremolo
    • Pickguard: 1-ply parchment
    • Pickups: Three vintage style single-coil Strat pickups with staggered Alnico 5 polepieces
    • Controls: Master Volume, 2 Tone
    • Unique Features: 50s body style with 60s neck profile.

Nobody appears to include a bag (or case for that matter) in their prices on these.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  5. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

6. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

Yes it does show a six screw in that pic. The write up says two post. It has a nice looking tinted neck for sure.

7. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

Ooops! Guy who wrote that was probably out of caffeine. The one I'm picking up is six-screw anyway. I'm certain of it. Much preferred, by me at least. Hopefully they're not hodge-podge/piecemealing these depending on what was at the assembler's bench at the time. :jo

I've not peaked under the back plate, but I am curious if it is the newer style "big block" that they're using on the other MIM Standards now. Regardless, unplugged, it certainly doesn't sound like it needs any modifications there. Very full and rich, not dull and hollow at all. Honest to goodness A-OK, no mods necessary.

8. IbanezAFS75

IbanezAFS75 Member

Glad to get a little more backround info and approval, i'm probably going to pick it up, i can get it for 660 out the door with a bag.

thanks a lot.

9. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

If it feels good to you, then you're definitely making a good choice. $660 with bag is a good deal, too. I've confirmed that these did not ship with a bag nor is one included in the list price from Fender, so it's a "freebie" from the store if they throw one in. Score!

10. John C

John C Supporting Member

Thanks for posting more info; I haven't seen one of these turn up at any of our local dealers. Sounds like a nice mix of MIM Classic Series features.

11. frank62

frank62 Member

The name 5760 would suggest it is a 57 with a rosewood fretboard.