FTR 37 on Kimmel tonight

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by sinasl1, Aug 1, 2006.

1. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

hey all, Pete Thorn here.. doing another show (Jimmy Kimmel) with my 57 r.i. Goldtop and FTR 37 today, it'll air tonight. The song we will be playing has a good mix of clean/dirty tones, so you can hear the reverb channel and the click channel (I a/b them). The cab is the 2-12D with greenbacks.

2. m4tt

m4tt Member

woohoo, read this thread in time.

ill check it out tonight!

3. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Any drive pedals kicked in during the song, or is it all amp?

4. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

will tell my girlfriend to tivo

5. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

all amp... bit of demeter compressor on the clean stuff, that's it...

6. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

ok sorry, i lied.. was my FTR for cleans and LDW for dirty. Changed my scene once I got to the show... having just seen it on TV, The LDW was rather low in the mix. Oh well..we do carson Daly tomorrow (but I don't know when it airs...)

7. m4tt

m4tt Member

I stayed up to watch it. Interesting song, band did a GJ.

I don't know if it was because I was half-asleep, but I couldn't really focus on your rig. All I kept hearing in the mix was the other guitarist.

Maybe I can find it foating around the 'net and give'er another listen. Or maybe I'll stay up for Carson too...

8. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

yeah, was low in the mix on this one for sure. The clean sound was good but the dirty sound got pretty buried... I actually learned something from that, it might be better to use one amp only for the tv stuff, as there's less variables.. i.e. with clean and dirty amps and cabs, there's 2 mics obviously, and whoever's mixing might not get the blend right... whenever I use just the FTR on tv, things seem great.

9. m4tt

m4tt Member

are you going to use the same setup (LDW for dirt) on carson?

10. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Hmmm I dunno.. maybe not, depending on what the 2nd song is... if it's a song on electric I'll keep the rig the same, because i use delay in the loop of the LDW for some stuff, etc... if I'm on acoustic, I might switch to just the FTR for the song "Good Day"... did that make sense?

11. m4tt

m4tt Member

Yeah, makes sense to me. I'll check it out. I enjoy this whole talking to the guitarist who's going to be on TV later that evening.

12. Luke Gibson

Luke Gibson Silver Supporting Member

Caught the show and wondered about the mix but now it makes sense. I'd love to hear just the FTR.... Cool to put a face with the name now. Thanks for the heads up!

13. sinasl1

sinasl1 Member

Yeah, I just love Fred's amps and so I think it's a good oppertunity for people that might not live in a place where they can try a ÷13 to check one out in an undoctored, live setting. That way I figure I'm doing a service to Fred and also to gear pagers.... like myself :)

I think the Carson Daly episode we are filming today airs on august 9th... and I decided to stick with the FTR/LDW setup for the show... hope they get the mix right, I told them this time the LDW should be a bit louder than the FTR....

14. Luke Gibson

Luke Gibson Silver Supporting Member

I just so happen to live in one of those places... I finally got to play a ÷13 a couple of weeks ago, the dealer said they have an FTR37 & LDW17/39 coming this month I plan on picking one of them up!:)

15. armanHammer

armanHammer Member