FTR37 - combo?

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
Wow...loud amp (combo format) + 5879 tube = not a great idea

localmotion411

Platinum Supporting Member
I want that mofo, but that is far too expensive, and I'm hearing that noise is a definite issue with FTRs. I won't be taking that leap any time soon. Especially not with the hype about the EDT floating around.

thintele

I saw that one while surfing the 'Bay yesterday ...I almost crapped myself. A beautiful piece of gear, but a hefty chunk o change.

hbentley

it's true that the ftr's aren't dead silent, but it's definitely a usable noise floor... especially after you here how @#$! good the thing sounds!! it's probably the nicest sounding amp i've ever heard. i wouldn't give up on them because you read a few sour reviews, it's an amazing amp.

I want that mofo, but that is far too expensive, and I'm hearing that noise is a definite issue with FTRs. I won't be taking that leap any time soon. Especially not with the hype about the EDT floating around.

KennyM

Silver Supporting Member
I record with the FTR37 everyday, sometimes under the most scrutinizing noise situations. The noise floor of the 37 is not ever a problem at all. If it was you would not find this amp being a staple in most LA studio guys amp arsenals. It may not be the quietest amp out there, but anybody that has had a noise issue with this amp either has a bad tube or are really spiltting the small hairs. This is one of the best recording amps I have ever heard and owned and yes as my signature line can attest, I've had the privelige (and old age) of having or using just about every amp out there.

SReynolds

Silver Supporting Member
it's true that the ftr's aren't dead silent, but it's definitely a usable noise floor... especially after you here how @#$! good the thing sounds!! it's probably the nicest sounding amp i've ever heard. i wouldn't give up on them because you read a few sour reviews, it's an amazing amp.

Plus a cazillion, and is one of the best I've ever heard.

ChazMania

Gold Supporting Member
Did someone from here buy this thing FTR37 combo?

Man, 6 /13 heads on the bay right now.....

Swampash

Did someone from here buy this thing FTR37 combo?

Man, 6 /13 heads on the bay right now.....
Nope. After I talked to him he pulled the auction. He was incorrect about the amp being the 12th FTR37 combo ever made...it was the 3rd - I have the 4th. :D

His was the 12th AMP Fred ever made, and mine is the 15th.

He decided that he didn't have to sell it, and would just hold onto it for a while.

hathisisfunnyha

Silver Supporting Member
that's awfully expensive for an FTR even if its a one off. I'm sure if you got in good with Fred he'd build another

vchizzle

It's not really THAT much, considering. A new one w/2x12 goes for what $3700? This comes with custom tolex and a pretty fancy case. The case opens 2 ways, trap door on top or lift off - where you leave the amp sit in the base.

The tolex looks sweet with the grill cloth. If I had the money and liked combos I'd buy it. Those cases are fairly expensive, so if one was going to gig, its worthwhile.

ChazMania

Gold Supporting Member
It is a cool looking amp. I love my SJT and if I played in a context where I needed to be louder (SJT plenty loud) I'd give this thing a whirl....

lespaul6

Why do I see so many /13 amps for sale on the fourm and elsewhere? Are they not versatile, or do many find they can get the same tone cheaper, is the trend arcing?

hathisisfunnyha

Silver Supporting Member
It's a big buy in price and I think some people like with expensive guitars get gun shy and tend to not play them and realize its money they can spend elsewhere.

Believe me the hype is true. Amazing versatile amps but they just have a high sticker price, much like Two-rocks and others

lespaul6

Yeah, Ive seen alot of them on television stages, as well as the 65 amps etc...I would love to try one but I live in an area where people pack their own bullets- if you know what I mean.

Crikey

Plus one more on that one!

Crikey

Trending Topics