Fuchs, Budda, or Dr. Z?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by PrestonBrick, Mar 2, 2008.

1. PrestonBrick

PrestonBrick Member

I recently bought a JCM800 and love it. I want some more sounds to expiriment with though as I am 14. I LOVE the tones of Slash..I have them with my JCM800. My second favorite band it Buckcherry. I can get some of there older stuff with the 800 but now they are using Divided by 13 and Plexis...

I Really like the clips i have heard of fuchs. Dr. Z's are pretty good too but maybe too clean? Buddas are killer aswell.

So I have about 1000 to spend. Keep in mind I have a nice cab already with good speakers.

What amp can give me that sought after tone of 13's the best?

Thanks,
    Preston

2. Eddie V

Eddie V Member

For the $ you can't beat the Buddas. The SD18 is amazing and can get the Marshall tones plus very cool edgy cleans. I haven't played a Budda 30 but it makes sence that they will have more headroom on the cleans.
    I have a Z and it's very cool but more on the clean side. I have a Bad Cat Hot Cat 30 R 2x12 and it's amazing too but for the Plexi stuff you can't beat the Buddas. You need to play a Budda and you will see what I mean. I've played a tone of amps, owned alot and the Budda is the amp for my playing. I play everything from the 60's to current stuff in a cover band plus original material. I also like to mix amps to get some great tones.
    Dr Z, Budda and Bad Cat.

3. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

4. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Supporting Member

I have owned a Fuchs ODS, Dr. Z 6545 (highest gain Z), and a Budda Superdrive 18. For the sounds you are looking for I would go with the Budda 100%. However if you want something that is going to be completely different then your Marshall get the fuchs. It has a great fendery clean and a really great smooth High gain channel.

To me the Budda is a perfect combination of a Fuchs and a Marshall. I call it my Goldilocks amp because it isn't too smooth and it isn't too rough. For me it is just right.

5. Flameout12

Flameout12 Member

6. Holliman

Holliman Triad Abuser

Wish I had $1,000 at 14. Especially after alread buying a JCM. Quit slingn' dope kid....J/k!

7. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

Try a Mazerati GT. More than enough gain and dirt there...