Fuchs Clean To Scream With Guitar Volume

aroman

Gold Supporting Member
Very nice. It sounds like you are playing a clean Amp and then you step on an OD.

MusicGearGuys

I agree with Ed.
Great playing as always Tag.:AOK

Not to impressed with the tone though.
The clean is very 1 dementional, and the crunch lacks natuaral tube saturation and sustain. IMHO.

You rock bro!

Gregory

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Ed DeGenaro said:
Nice playing but again...that'd be clean to crunch in my book.
Hey Ed!

I thought you were a high gain guy? That seems to be about as much gain as you usually play with. :confused: One thing, is the Fuchs and Dumble style amps give the impression that there is a lot less gain than there is because of the smoothness.

tone4days

Silver Supporting Member
great clip - love the playing

i know some of you guys are taking issue with the 'scream' aspect and i concur that needs a fair bit more to be 'scream' ... that there is 'crunch' ...

but i actually take more issue with the 'clean' element ... i call that tone (a very nicely) 'gritty' ... i want NO hair on my tone when i call it 'clean'

cheers
t4d

Tag

MusicGearGuys said:
Clean to scream huh?
Tag what about your Bruno with a OCD pedal or a Bad Cat Extreme?
Then you would have an amazing clean to scream combo.
Have you tried these ?
Gregory
Oh man! My Brunos are my favorite amps by a mile. The UG 30 will do this to the max, but its not a high gain affair. It has to be LOUD to do it. I should have stated that the Fuchs does this at a very low volume. Almost any amp will do it when you nail the volume. Then you have no hearing left though. Lol! My cowtipper and UG 30 are the best amps I have ever played. The Vox CC is another killer. Just keep the MV way up, and it can do just about anything. Still not up to the Brunos though.:)

Tag

tone4days said:
great clip - love the playing

i know some of you guys are taking issue with the 'scream' aspect and i concur that needs a fair bit more to be 'scream' ... that there is 'crunch' ...

but i actually take more issue with the 'clean' element ... i call that tone (a very nicely) 'gritty' ... i want NO hair on my tone when i call it 'clean'

cheers
t4d
Thanks!
I totally agree as well. It is not real clean. However, Im surprised by the amount of guys on here who post clean clips, and they are actually very distorted to me. next time I do a clip with the Fuchs, Ill turn the gain up even more. this was only about 1/2, and it wiull go into total saturation with the gain up. Agin though, I think the smoothness is fooling people. In the clip, it has a lot of gain. I would say on par with a DSL with the gain close to maxed. To me, thats high gain.

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
Tag said:
Hey Ed!

I thought you were a high gain guy? That seems to be about as much gain as you usually play with. :confused: One thing, is the Fuchs and Dumble style amps give the impression that there is a lot less gain than there is because of the smoothness.
Nuh, I haven't been a high gain guy in over a decade. But that doesn't negate the fact that my definition of high still starts with an SLO with the pre cranked.

aquadog

Great playing tag. Also gritty to crunchy by me too, but still sounds good.

What're you using for recording?

Trending Topics