Fuchs Clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by DWB1960, May 20, 2006.

1. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

2. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Great stuff,Donnie!Loved the smooth Fuchs-y tone and the legato playing-the shawn influence was aparent :)

Vlad

3. refin

refin Member

4. GuitarGuy510

GuitarGuy510 Member

Excellent clip there Don! Geez man Andy informed me my Fuchs ODS mod will be completed and on it's way to me this week.... I'm doing the pee-pee dance in excitement already and this clip just pushed me over the top! :dude What speakers did you record that through by the way? Sounds killer bro, props to you sir! :AOK

5. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

I have the 1 x 12 combo. The stock Jensen is a bit bassy at low volume so I'm using a mojotone british vintage. All I did was slap a Sennheiser E609 against the grill cloth and hit record. The clip represents the tone I'm getting full time very accurately.

6. GuitarGuy510

GuitarGuy510 Member

That's awesome Don, thanks for sharing! I have to get one of those E609's, a lot of my friends use them and they sound excellent! I have a custom earcandy cab coming with Eminence Red, White and Blues as specified by Andy, so I'm hoping I can come close to that tone you have in the clip! Again, loved the clip... the tone was heavenly and the playing was superb sir! :drool

7. tone4days

tone4days Member

very nice playing indeed! ... and very happenin' tone ... i dig how you use and capture its touch responsiveness ... what guitar? pickups? pedals?

t4d

8. DWB1960

DWB1960 Senior Member

Thanks. Here's the chain:

Briggs Avatar Deluxe Neck pup > AM TS9 > Fuchs > T-Rex Delay in the loop > Sennheiser E609 > Event mic pre > Cakewalk

Nice and simple. I did not touch the volume or tone control of the guitar once and only kicked in the TS9 about halfway thru the clip.

The Fuchs is incredible in how it lets your hands really become the tone & volume controls. I've owned some nice amps thru the years but this sucker is the holy grail for me.

9. Thor

Thor Member

That is sweet! Nice job- I really enjoyed the clip!