Fuchs Combo Clips

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Bix, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Bix

Bix Member

The following link are some sound samples for the Fuchs combo I'm selling through the emporium. Please be gentle, lots of clams here! I haven't played much, if at all, for two years. Geez, I really need to do something about that.

The recordings were done pretty crudely with a Rode NT1 large diaphragm mic on axis about 5 - 6 feet away from the amp. No eq or other affects were added. Really tried to capture the sound of the amp. Guitars used were a strat with Kinmans and an old Ibanez RG570 with Dimarzio Pro's. I tried to present different clips containing, clean and overdriven rhythm and lead work. The amp has a lot of different characters, check it out for yourself. I think it's got cleans reminiscent to Ford's Life Song, but it also has some Lindley type overdriven tones.

Hope you enjoy it.

Mike

http://www.funender.com/music/Mike Bixby

2. scottl

scottl Member

Nice clips Mike!!

I totally forgot we chatted about the amp last year. You should have let me in on how the upgrading went!

Scott

3. Bix

Bix Member

Scott

Sorry about not following up with you. Life has just gotten in the way lately. Hey that'd be a good song... oh yeah, it's already been done:(

Thanks for the help. This amp definitely took on a new character after the mods were done. It's much more versatile and toneful (is that really a word?) now.

Bix