Fuchs Conductor?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by RGB, Mar 17, 2006.

1. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

Anyone have one of these yet?

Looking for info and where to get one.

2. Lucky7

Lucky7 Senior Member

Rick how is the Train 45? Just curious what you think about it!
    Nick

3. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

Well Nick, the fact that I'm out looking for an attenuator tells you it's LOUD!!!!....but oh so wonderful sounding! It starts to break up quite early with my Anderson M's, and has tons of very controllable feedback at very low settings on the gain knob.

.....but it's loud!!!! I was watching Eddie Berman's demo video and he had it at 11:00 to start in the store, so that's where I started. I stunned my small dog at about 15 feet with the first chord! Then he turns it up to 1:00.....in the store!!!

This was unbelievably crunchy and touch sensitive, with nearly uncontrollable "controlled" feedback. You have to hold on to it for sure, cuz it WILL take off on it's own. I'll tell ya, this is the first amp I've ever played where I feel it's almost a shame to use a pedal in front of it. Kind of a waste when it sounds so great straight in.

I love this amp!....but I really want one of Andy's attenuators so I can dial in that tone at shows. Without it I'd have to set up in the parking lot! I just got it last night and haven't had much time with it, but as soon as the ringing in my ears subsides, I'll do some more testing and throw a review up here on the forum.

4. Lucky7

Lucky7 Senior Member

I'll be looking forward to that. I'm also interested in the conductor too so maybe Andy will give some insight when he comes across this post. Glad you like the 45!!

5. Boomer

Boomer Member

As far as I know, the Conductor isn't available yet (and I generally know because I have to put it on the web site when a new product is available).

I also have a Train and I've been using it with a HotPlate until the Conductor is available.

I have to agree with RGB's assessment of the amp. It is glorious at full song though!

6. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

Thanks Boomer....I appreciate the info. Guess I'll have to get something else in the meantime, cuz I wanna play this thing!!!

...wonder if Andy needs any beta testers?;)

7. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

What style of amp is it? More hard edged?

Details! Details!

8. Jeff Flowerday

Jeff Flowerday Member

I think it's an attenuator not an amp.

9. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

10. Boomer

Boomer Member

I just got off the phone with Andy and the lowdown is that the prototype is finished, it can handle 100 watts and they are trying to figure out how to make assembly, etc., simple enough that they can pound them out. It has the ability to change to 4/8/16 ohm loads. He's also looking at building a smaller wattage version for Lucky 7 and Blackjack 21 owners (or any other low powered amp) so they won't have to pay for beef they don't need.

Unfortunately, for us, he's been slammed since NAMM building amps and doesn't think he can have the Conductor in production until the summer.

HTH!

11. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

Make a 50 watter and I'm there.

12. RGB

RGB Supporting Member

I just ordered a 50w mini mass to tide me over until the conductor is ready. Then I'll just use the mass on my Lucky 7, so nothing is wasted!

Thanks for making the call, Boom!

13. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

They seemed to ummmm like the amp alot....lol. :BEER