Fuchs Creme de la Trem - WOW

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Droptop, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

Saw Andy Fuchs at Washington Music today and heard the Fuchs Crem de La Trem. I never heard anything like it before in my life. Its based on the tremolo of a Fender Brownface Pro. Almost sounds like a cross between really lush chorus with a Leslie. Amazing pedal! Check one of these out when you can. Andy was about as nice a guy as you could meet, and gave a lot of insite on the company and boutique industry.

2. Dexter.Sinister

Dexter.Sinister Still breathing Gold Supporting Member

I would like to hear. Maybe like Auralux King Trem? Very good!

DS

3. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

O crap!

I'm in the market for a trem. And the Brownface trem is my cup o tea. Any idea on price range?

O crap!:bow

4. Droptop

Around $180...but worth it .

5. Metalhead Mike

Metalhead Mike Member

6. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

Droptop - I was there but had to leave before I heard any of the pedals. Care to comment on the other pedals?

7. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

Cool, another brownface trem. So it'll be up against the Swamp Thang, Sugar Baby, and (I think) Mellow Yellow for simple, 2-knob, brownface-styled trems.

I can't wait to hear Area 51's tube trem PEDAL they're developing, using actual bias-vary trem circuit.

8. Droptop

I commented on the Tremolo because I was surprised at how good it sounded. Rarely am I impressed with them, but this one was so musical.
    The Push Drive has been called a one trick pony, but I loved how smooth the gain is. The Extreme Cream is a dual voice 808 style pedal that as others have commented is very versatile. I can see why Joe Bonamassa likes these. The Pure Drive is a great boost with extremly subtle coloring...you do hear a minor difference (like playing with new strings). The Valve Job sounded very similar to the Plush Drive. I admit that I didn't get much time to play with it.

9. Droptop

Well the Trem arrived today and I can't believe the quality of this pedal. Talk about being inspired to play and play. If you get a chance try one of these out.

10. mkg

mkg Member

Droptop, did you get it from Chuck Levin's Washington Music? I can't find anywhere online that has them in stock yet.

11. Droptop

I ordered it through Chuck Levins. They got it in two weeks later. Word has it that this was originaly made as a request from Warren Haynes. Beautiful pedal!

12. mkg

mkg Member

Man, it sounds great in Andy's video demo, like harmonic vibrato and then some. This one is definitely on my radar!

13. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

OK, I am going to be adding a 2nd trem to my board for the brown tolex era sounds. I have it down to the Fuchs and the Swamp Thang. I love the delta-swampy vibe of the Swamp Thang. Can the Fuchs get that throb that the Monster Effects does? I like the profile of the Fuchs a lot better and I am also adding a Royal Plush Compressor so I wouldn't mind doing a second Fuchs pedal. I believe Warren Haynes has a Crem de la Trem now also. I really wanna hear about the throb and the wateriness of the Fuchs. Thanks.

14. SonicVI

SonicVI Member

From what I can gather the Swamp Thang does not actually sound like the phase-shiferish tpye of brownface tremolo.

15. Dave_C

Dave_C Supporting Member

Big Fuchs fan here! Own an HRM head (monster amp) and an Extreme Cream and love 'em. But, I have a stupid question about the Plush Trem. Does it go before or after distortion? I have used many choruses, flangers and Uni-Vide style pedals and know exactly where to place them for best effect, but trem? Where do you put it?!

16. Dave_C

Dave_C Supporting Member

17. gatordoc

gatordoc Member

Sounds like you are describing a Univibe! I always think of chorus and trem whenever I hear a vibe anyway. As trem and vibrato seem to be mixed up terminologies throughout history, is the Fuchs trem based on volume or pitch changes?

18. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Sounds like a bit of both which is what the brown Fender trem sounded like.

19. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

That is right.

Big Brownface Fenders = Harmonic Vibrato = Fuchs Creme de la Trem.

Small Brownface Fenders = Bias-Driven Tremolo = Monster Effects Swamp Thang.

20. ggwwbb

ggwwbb Member

I should have one by the end of the week or early next week. I just got their Pure Gain yesterday and am very anxiously awaiting the Trem. I can't wait!