Fuchs, Fargen, Roccaforte, Guytron, Suhr, VHT, etc.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mude, Jun 30, 2005.

1. mude

mude Supporting Member

Had a blast in Atlanta at Boutique Guitar Exchange. Fun store with a great selection of boutique gear.

Loved the Fuchs 50 SLX head. Probably my favorite Fuchs that I have played. Really felt right. Played the 3-channel Fuchs as well. Very cool, but I like the smaller size.

Played some Fargen stuff for the first time. The Plexi stuff did its thing, but I really liked a little 1x12 combo with EL84s. Voxy, simple, great grind with some volume. Light, portable grab-and-go. The prices seem to have gone up recently, but they were probably a bargain previously.

Finally got to try the Roccaforte Danelle (spelling???) with reverb and no master. Very cool and screaming when loud. Probably not the Rocca I would choose for general use. I still like the Custom 30 and HG 100. Still would be fun to try the HG 30. Really classy rock solid stuff.

They were out of the OD 100 amps and they had one Guytron FV left. Did not play it though (have many times before). They also had a used Pitbull 45 combo, but I have one and did not play it.

Suhr, Tyler, Grosh, Anderson, and McNaught all there. Suhr was my fav of course. :D Really is though after playing them all side by side. Color me biased (very), but man, Suhr holds up well to a side-by-side test. Do it yourself if you get a chance.

I really liked the McNaught stuff as well. I have had a couple and they have not stuck, but really well built creative stuff. There was a black flame singlecut that played and sounded great. Quite heavy though. Enjoyed it through the Rocca stuff.

Definitely check out the store if you get to the area. Rob and Missy are great and it is a very cool spot.

Evan.

2. mlynn02

mlynn02 Member

i think fargen's prices are on the way up. i was about to buy my blackbird from BGE, but they raised the price on me just before i was ready. so i took my business to junior's, who gave me the amp for the old price (buying out of state saved me the sales tax as well).

but i'll echo that BGE has a really sweet pile of gear on hand.

3. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Sorry Evan, can't fit that much goodness into a tiny chassis (LOL). The ODS being so darn ummm "petite", makes the TDS seem huge !

Thanks for the kind words. Missy and the crew are great folks ! We're honored and proud to have them as our dealers.

4. mude

mude Supporting Member

lol.

It's not that the TDS is big really. Same size as a traditional full sized head. It is just very cool to have the small stuff that packs plenty of punch for toting around.

Congrats on some great new products. Very impressive.

Evan.

5. onemind

onemind Member

Hi, what amp was this....?

6. shredhead666

shredhead666 Member

Where is Boutique Guitar Exchange located in Atlanta? I live about 2.5 hours drive from the A.T.L. :dude

7. mude

mude Supporting Member

I think the EL84 was called an Epic I think??? I really don't know Fargen stuff well and could be wrong. Just a few controls and a half power switch. Very simple plug and play. I bet it would be even better with an extention cab added for certain situations (as it was in a quite small 1x12 box). Worth checking out.

Evan.

8. mude

mude Supporting Member

I don't know Atlanta well, but it is on Dekalb. Their web site has the address and phone number.

www.boutiqueguitarexchange.com

About 20 minute drive from the airport as I recall.

Evan.

9. boonhogganbeck

boonhogganbeck Member

It's on Dekalb Avenue, real close to Little Five Points.

10. straticus

straticus Member

Did it have a MV?

Thanks.

11. mude

mude Supporting Member

No master on it. Volume, bass, middle, treble. I think there was a "decade" switch or something that offered some different voicings, but I did not mess with it. There was a half power switch that made it break up quite early.

Evan.

12. mude

mude Supporting Member

I agree that it is not nearly as loud as I would have expected for four El84s. At half power, it was easy to get pretty reasonable volume grind. Nothing like the power of a four EL84 Pitbull 45 for example.

Evan.

13. miltwill

miltwill Member

BGE is a great shop. I bought a Tyler from them a couple months back and they couldn't have been easier to deal with.

Somewhat tricky to find the shop, but worth the effort.