Fuchs Flush Pedals pure gain, Flush drive

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by keith_t4e, May 25, 2008.

1. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I'm interested in getting the pure gain as I don't have anything that changes my impedence from high to low. I have a Fat Boost, habanero boost etc. How much gain does the Pure Gain have. How much does it color your tone. Also, the drive pedal Andy makes that is susposed to sound like his amps. Is it the Plush Drive? Has anyone got that one yet? How is it? I'd love to hear some more clips. I've heard the youtube clips of Andy, Joe B etc. Thanks guys.

2. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

I believe they are "Plush" pedals. I am interested to hear some thoughts on these pedals, now they have been out for a bit.

3. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

The Pure Gain sounds very good, but it does add high end. That funky mid that you get straight into an amp goes away. Some like, some don't. The Flying Dragon adds less sheen, so I chose it.

4. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

The Plush sounds ok,but I like my Zen better,the Plush has a bit more gain...still like my Zen.YMMV

5. ed84246

ed84246 Member

I have the Valve Job which is supposed to be in character of his amps. The Valve Job is his pedal with a 12AX7 tube in it and I can honestly say it's the most "alive sounding", touch sensitive of all the D-style pedals I've tried and/or owned up to this point. It's difficult to play other pedals after playing the valve job sometimes, because they just feel kind of dull in comparison. There's just a vibration from the tone that's like no other -it really does feel like you're playing an amp and not just a pedal.

Now I enjoy my Zen2 with the tube in it, but as some have pointed out here and I agree, it's a little too agressive at times and gets into Marshall territory tone wise. Even with the tube, the Zen2 doesn't really feel or sound as tube-like as the Valve Job. I would highly recommend you give this a try, it put a smile on my face very quickly. But it does sound better (and a little brighter) once it and the amp have had a chance to heat up a little bit.

6. Giannis

Giannis Senior Member

Totally agree with this assessment:BEER

When I first got my Valve Job I tested it against - Zendrive, Klon, Mosferatu, Gain Stage Red, Gain Stage Purple, Eternity E6, Eternity HW, Cot50 HW, Cot50 Gold HW, proanalog Royale w cheese. Only the klon survived its AWESOME tone. ALL others got wiped out in its wake.

The pure gain is the PERFECT pedal for driving your chain IMHO. Great tone with my Les Paul! :RoCkIn

7. GenoBluzGtr

GenoBluzGtr Supporting Member

So far I have tried the Plush Drive, The Pure Gain and the Extreme Cream pedals.

The Plush sounds like a really overdriven Fuchs/Two Rock...tons of SMOOOOOOTH, deep, overdrive. Very Ford-ish/Carlton-ish but still with string-to-string articulation. THe key descriptive phrase here is Smooth with Chirp and no grainy grit.

The Pure gain is an excellent clean boost. Not much gain on tap, but it is DEAD QUIET at all extreme settings. If you use alot of pedals or long lengths of cable, this could save your tone.

The Extreme Cream is the Keeper of the bunch for me. It has most of the gain of the Plush Drive but is a touch more articulate and transparent. It sound very much like a good single channel tube amp maxed out. It's a two channel pedal, where you can run one OR the other (not both stacked). The Warm Channel and the Hot Channel are voiced a bit differently, but still similar enough that it's not like you have fully different setups. The Warm is like the best TS808 you've ever heard. Lots of spank, excellent tweed-style overdrive but every string is crystal clear, even when the drive is turned way up. More gain than you'd think. This channel alone is worth the cost of the pedal. The "Hot Channel" is like the warm, only.... well 'hotter'. It's more gain, smoother gain, darker gain, fuller gain. THis is the one that will get you into Dumble/Two Rock/Fuchs amp territory. Even with Single coils, you get full saturated overdrive, but no mud/sagginess to be found. Excellent for medium gain stuff.

ONly complaint so far? The pedal has two switches... on/off and channel select. When the pedal is bypassed, the LED for the channel that is selected (but bypassed) blinks. That's good, so you know which one will be selected when you turn on the pedal, but the blinking can be a little annoying on a dark stage. nothing a small piece of tape won't cure, but I had to find at least ONE thing to be less than ecstatic about, right?

Overall the quality and tone of these pedals is everything I expect from Andy, although I think the pedals will chip into his amp sales. At least it offers some chance to get qualityFuchs tone for those of us who can't afford his amps!

8. strattitude

strattitude Member

Will the Plush drive still work for single coils or is the Cream or Extreme Cream better for this?

Also heard that the Plush Drive is quite dark sounding..??

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  9. B_of_H

B_of_H Member

now i'm gas-ing for an 'extream cream'

:)