Fuchs forum or appreciation thread?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by hartguitars, Sep 19, 2013.

1. texstrat

texstrat Member

I want to mention:

I bought a brand new Fuchs 4 Aces from Austin Guitar House about 5 weeks ago. It was mailed by Fed Ex to me in Fort Worth Tx. I recieved the amp and it look perfect. Although when I turned it on and turned it off standby, I heard a loud roar and pop. It continued to Do this every time. Once the roaring and popping was over, the amp sounded killer.

I emailed Andy Fuchs, he responded the same day. He mailed me a set of new power tubes and new pre amp tubes free of charge. That Is excellent customer service and it makes me proud to be a Fuchs owner. The amp now works perfect! This is not my last Fuchs purchase, great company and great amplifiers.
    Thanks Fuchs!!!

2. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Member

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  3. Atlas Stands

Atlas Stands Member

Great to meet you at the Expo in Nashville Andy. Would love to subscribe/register to a Fuchs forum or appreciation thread.

4. Carol-AnnAmps

Carol-AnnAmps Member

lol thanks...I read back my post. The meat head and Peter D comments were not connected at all.
    Peter is a great designer and a really nice guy.
    He has made it work for him over there and probably the only one outside of the usual clique that has.

5. tiptone

tiptone Member

6. dangeroso

dangeroso Member

I realize that the first 2 posts are a little old now, but what's the deal with the "hand tuned" vs standard ODS?

7. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Member

I did my own OS tubes and trimmer tweaks...took some time and effort but the amp is considerably better now.