Fuchs headroom.

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by veldt666, Mar 8, 2004.

1. veldt666

veldt666 Member

After experimenting for ages with various tubes & bias settings to acheive high clean headroom on my Fuch's Mods, Ive settled on what I "Think" works O.K.

Can any other users throw some advice / experience in this area?

2. renico00

renico00 Member

Fill us in on some of your specs: V1, output tubes, reverb?, output transformer...... can't help without a little more info.

Jeff

3. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Repeat after me:

Master volume 12.00 or higher, input gain low as required for the loudest clean tone you'll need, with guitar around 3/4 volume. This gives you range up and down when clean, and controls content and level when dirty. Running the master around 12.00 or higher, gives you the ability to better balance clean and dirty levels as well.

4. veldt666

veldt666 Member

Hey Andy, sorry if my post came across as me being some kind of "Amp nerd".
    I'm more than completely happy with your amps, & I do have 30 years experience playing, & adapting my required sound to the playing situation I find myself in. But,...it's always Interesting to find out what others think.
    After all we dont all drive our cars the same, do we?:( :(

5. littlemoon

littlemoon Member

Are you sure? I don't recall reading that in the manual, Andy.

littlemoon

6. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Sorry, no offense intended nor taken. It's just that anywhere below 12.00, the amps can be limited in overall clean headroom. I answer alot of e-mails about this issue (sorry if it showed), or "not being able to balance clean and dirty levels", when working the master is the key to both issues. Sorry again, if it came across the wrong way.