• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fuchs ODS 50 SLX recorded with an AKG C1000-S

Deaj

Here's a couple of clips I recorded using the settings Scottl suggested but recorded with an AKG C1000-S placed towards the outside of the cone:

Fuchs ODS 50 factory SLX - AKG C1000-S - placement 1

Here's another where the mic is placed in approximately the same spot but angled in slightly towards the voice coil:

Fuchs ODS 50 factory SLX - AKG C1000-S - placement 2

----------------------------------------------------------

For reference here is the clip I recorded with an SM57 placed in exactly the same way as with placement 2 above (this is a short version of the same clip I posted in another thread on Friday and reposted here for those interested in referencing against the above clips):

Fuchs ODS 50 factory SLX - SM57 - placement 2

Amp settings are:

Bright and Deep are off
Rock/Jazz set to Rock
Mid boost is on
Treble at 11 o'clock
Middle at 11 o'clock
Bass at 12 o'clock
OD-In at 11 o'clock
OD-Out at 11 o'clock
Master at 8:30
Accent at 9 o'clock
Reverb is off.

Deaj

Originally posted by cpokay
That 57 sounds pretty good! I didn't think the C-1000 was bad, a little different flavor, maybe more modern sounding, but a nice palette from which you can draw as needed. that amp sounds wonderful for the blues, my friend!

Chris

Yeah, after listening back I prefer the SM57 to the C1000-S with this amp. The C1000-S does sound good but it's not a very good fit for a blues tone. I really dig the Fuchs for blues!!

journo

Hi Deaj,

I really dig the 57 recording. That sounds a bit more "real" to me.

Incidentally, I also enjoyed your playing. Good match to the sound.

Cheers,

Mats N

trisonic

Deaj,
Well, that's news to me! I thought when the Midboost was engaged the tone controls were bypassed...........doh.

Where's the Strat Quack track?

Best, Pete.

Deaj

Originally posted by trisonic
Deaj,
Well, that's news to me! I thought when the Midboost was engaged the tone controls were bypassed...........doh.

Best, Pete.
Hi Pete,

Sorry man, I forgot :eek: I don't use the single coils that often.

I'll try to get something recorded in the next day or two and post it.

It's the gain boost that bypasses the tone stack. I haven't really messed with the gain boost much yet.

scottl

Originally posted by trisonic
Deaj,

Best, Pete.
In Dumbles, there is usually a .0022uf Orange Drop and 390pf Ceramic in series as the treble cap. Together is normal for 333pf value. When boost is engaged the series connection is broken and only the .0022uf cap is in circuit, thus providing a big midboost. So, the midboost is really just a bigger treble cap.

These values and method of implemtation can vary from amp to amp, but the concept remains the same.

Scott

Trending Topics