Fuchs ODS+Greenbacks= Happy Guitar Guy!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by hollowbodyhead, Jan 9, 2008.

1. hollowbodyhead

hollowbodyhead Member

I just plugged my ODS 50 into a 2x12 loaded with a pair of G12M's. I gotta say, this is the tone I was looking for with this amp. The clean channel gets a nice gritty texture that I just couldn't get with a pedal. It cleans up nicely just turning down the guitar volume. The OD channel sounds equally great. I had been using either Tonespotters or Classic Lead 80's. And while they sounded good, they just can't touch the Greenies. Anybody else ever try these with their Fuchs? Highly recommended!!! BTW, I realize the power rating for this cab w/2 Greenbacks is only 50 watts. I promise to be careful.

2. jezzzz2003

jezzzz2003 Member

Yea Im loving the G12-M's in my 4x12,
    They were a little stiff at first but have mellowed out a little, they certainly have their own signature sound,
    at first cleans werent good at all but now theyre awesome!
    they really have the classic tone that can only be found in the 25w I cant wait to play my rig again tonight and rock out.

3. hollowbodyhead

hollowbodyhead Member

Anybody else try Greenbacks with their Fuchs???

4. hollowbodyhead

hollowbodyhead Member

Bump for those who don't know what there missin'.

5. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

I would like to hear that. I like Greenbacks and the Fuchs stuff does sound really good.

I recently Played a Fuchs ODS 30 Head into a Fuchs 2x12 cab (not sure what was in the Cab) and that thing was a very good sounding amp. The Cleans were on a Level I'venot often heard from an amp of any caliber including the Dumbles I have played.

The Dirty sounded dang good as well and had a lot of variation to choose from.

I've allways said one of these days I'm gonna pick up one of Mr Fuch's Amps. They do sound good. I'd like to have a 1x12 ODS 50 Combo. I will have to try one with Greenbacks.

6. hollowbodyhead

hollowbodyhead Member

You won't be sorry. I really think that the Greenbacks help show how versitile the Fuchs ODS really is. It's not all about the smooth Carlton/Ford thing if you don't want it to be. A couple of cabs with different speaker options will take you anywhere you want to go. Gotta love it.

7. Red Planet

Red Planet Member

I know some have seen my comments about D style Amps. They are never directed at Andy at all. The Fuchs Amps are really amasing sounding Amps with an extra plus.

The extra plus is that Andy is a straight forward guy. None of that esoteric mythical bull shyte. I have enjoyed Andys comments on here through the years.:AOK

8. fusionbear

fusionbear exquirentibus veritatem Gold Supporting Member

I tried a Germino 4x12 loaded with greenbacks with my TDS100 and yes it sounded marvelous. I ended up with a PCW 2x12 with G12-65's :drool

as I just can't hang with lugging 4x12's anymore.

9. phsyconoodler

phsyconoodler Member

I used my Overdrive Rocket(what I call my version of a D amp,with a pair of greenbacks and it has a rich midrange detail that's not present with other speakers.A great choice for these amps as far as I'm concerned.