Fuchs ODS, OD Switch without Footswitch?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by lazymonday, Jun 7, 2008.

1. lazymonday

lazymonday Member

Is it possible to get into the OD mode without the footswitch? I have a funny (no deep/brite, rock/jazz, switches, just some push pull pots) Traynor mod that I bought from a member here and there's no switch that I know of.

Long story short, I emailed Andy about it but I really need to get it working by tomorrow. I have the amp at church and found out today that the footswitch broke. I can't live without the OD so I either have to find out a way to hack it or use a Boss SD-1... which isn't a terrible idea but man... not the same if you know what I mean.

2. Matt F

Matt F Member

Your push/pull doesn't engage the OD?

3. BudLite

BudLite Supporting Member

Pull the output knob, I'm pretty sure...

4. lazymonday

lazymonday Member

I wish. here are the controls in order (from memory so there's a slight chance I could be off). After the '/' is what the 'pull' does on the pot.

Gain/High(or brite switch), High/MidBoost, Mid, Low/Gain, OD In, OD Out, Master, Reverb, Presence.

5. scottl

scottl Member

Pulling the OD Out should do it. When you get to church run through all the pull pots. You need to know what does what. Make sure the broken footswitch is not plugged in.

6. lazymonday

lazymonday Member

Thanks everyone. I guess I just never tried that pot. You guys are great! :)