Fuchs ODS Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by klaetos, Oct 15, 2008.

1. klaetos

klaetos Member

Hi all,

I have the Fuchs ODS 30 Combo. Just love it, every time I play I learn more about the variety of really great tones in this thing. I think it is the perfect combo. Lately I have been thinking about adding a extension speaker or using it to power a 2x12, 4x10 or maybe just adding another 1x12. What can I expect?

Is it going to be that much more awesome to run in stereo with 2 1x12's or maybe a 2x12 or 4x10. Any combo users doing this, what's your impression? What cabs and speakers are you using? I want to take the already awesome tone and make it huge. Does that make sense?

2. klaetos

klaetos Member

Anyone? Somebody has to be using an extension cab.

3. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

when I worked with Andy, I had a 30w ODS 2x10 with Jenson MOD speakers. I thought that sounded awesome. I now have a TDS 4x10 with the MOD's. I think they're perfect.

4. rrhea

rrhea Member

I have an ODS30 head and like you I just love my Fuchs. It has the most liquidy and delicious lead tones that sustain and bloom forever! :)

I am running my head through a recently acquired Fuchs Mini 1x12 with a Scumback H75-LHDC 65 watt speaker and the tone is just breathtaking. I have noticed, though, that when adding speaker cabs to an amp and dropping the ohmage the tone does change appreciably. You can always compensate by rasing the master vol and eq'ing to taste, if necessary. But running more than one cab can really help fill out your sound and can also be a nice way to add a personal monitor for yourself on stage.

RR

5. m@2

m@2 Member

I primarily use the Fuchs 1X12 cab with my ODS 50, but do love to hook up my Fender 2X12, or my Marshall 4X12 (both wired for 4ohms). Gives quite a bit different tonal range, and a much BIGGER sound

also, you should not run both outputs, use a Y cable splitter to run multiple cabs off one output, and make sure your ohms are matched as close as possible : )

6. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

Adding a cabinet won't make it stereo. You may get a slightly fuller sound, but I don't think the difference will be as big as you're expecting.

7. klaetos

klaetos Member

I understand it will still be mono with two speakers not actual stereo. With one speaker you can fill a room with sound but you have to do it with volume. By adding more speakers/cabs I would like to fill a room with sound without just adding volume. Kind of like what happens in surround sound. I understand also it wont actually be surround but you get the idea, signal more spread out and multi-directional.

Tell me more about your 4x10 experience. Will this do what I am looking for or am I better off setting up another 1x12 on the other side of the stage to fill things out?

8. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

I've tried my ODS30 with a 2x12 cab, 1x12 cab, 1x12 combo, 2x10 cab, and 2x10 combo. Various speakers of the D approved variety. My favorite of all these for the ODS30 is the 2x10 (vertical) combo. Not so for the other D style amps I've owned; just the Fuchs ODS30.