Fuchs ODS Settings, what are yours?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by hendrix2430, Feb 17, 2009.

1. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

I thought it would be fun to see what settings everyone has on their Fuchs ODS...so, what's your ODS currently set up like?

I'll go:

Input gain: 10:30

Deep: off
    Brite: off
    Rock setting

Treble: 12:30
    Middle: 11:00
    Bass: 11:00

Input OD: 11:00
    Output OD: 11:30
    Master: 9:30

Accent: 12:00
    Reverb: 9:00

2. PierreL

PierreL Supporting Member

OK then I'll follow (two French in a row, isn't that weird :) ) :

Input gain: 13:00

Rock setting

Treble: 10:0
    Middle: 11:00
    Bass: 9:00

Input OD: 12:00
    Output OD: 10:30

Accent: 12:00
    Reverb: 8:30

I use an attenuator as well, and have a Rocktron Intellifex in the loop in series mode.

To be honest (not that anyone care, but well... :) ), I change the settings quite a bit according to my mood and the pedals I might use, so I will switch on the Brite switch , turn down the Input gain etc...

3. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

4. Rocket Brother

Rocket Brother Member

[mod edit]
    The ODS is a nice amp in an extremely crowded playing field of nice D-style amps, I found one that suited me better. CanĀ“t remember my settings anymore

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  5. klaetos

klaetos Member

Here are my most recent settings:

Input gain: 11:00
    Rock/Jazz: I use both

Treble: 1:00
    Middle: 12:00
    Bass: 12:00

Input OD: 11:00
    Output OD: When I need to keep the db down I set it about 11:00 otherwise I run it about 1:00-2:00.
    Accent: 11:00
    Reverb: 11:00

It does vary a bit in all areas depending on the song and mood but I usually start pretty close to this.

6. PierreL

Funny, I seem to set mine for higher gain that yours, yet I don't consider my tone to be that gainy. Do you both have an idea how your internal OD trimmer is set ?
    Or do you use PAB to get more drive out of the amp ?

7. klaetos

klaetos Member

I have no idea how the internal trims are set. The gain I have set gives me a lot of flexibility. From just boosting the clean or hitting it hard for a slight crunch or a moderate rhythm or lead tone on the gain side. If I need more gain I use the mid or PAB boost with it or stomp on a pedal. It might also depend on if you have the 30 or 50. When I played the 50 at a store a while back with all the same settings the 50 had much less gain. It surprised me a bit but I didn't have time to really mess with the dials or open up the master much either though.

Last night I pulled the mid and then set my gain high on my zen with a touch of low res delay and I had a very nice Eric Johnson'esque type of lead tone.

With my board and the Fuchs I have so many tones I really like, it's hard to stick with one. That suites me just fine since I like a wide variety of styles.

8. PierreL

I actually have the 50W model, so that might be the reason from your description.

9. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

I've had both the 30W and 50W (now just the 30W), and I didn't think the 50 had much less gain than the 30...depends on the tubes maybe since the 30 has JJ 6v6S (more rigid sounding than other 6v6 tubes).

For me it's about first and foremost setting a nice balance between clean and OD. I prefer the Rock setting overall (either with single coils or humbuckers).

So, in order to get at the same time, a nice jazzy clean and a pretty nice biting overdrive sound with singles (with the guitar vol maxed), it's imperative for me to back the input gain to around 11:30 or 12:00. The OD in is about the same, but less important to the sound for me, as compared to the Input gain.

The sweet spot of the amp is around 11:00 - 11:30 on the input gain.

10. TerrenceRocks

TerrenceRocks Member

I play in a Corporate Cover band and we cover everything, I need to be able to have a nice clean and a good Lead tone I can roll off to play Rythem. So far my clean is too loud and the lead tone is never loud enough Anyone got settings that will work???
    I have the 50 watt Overdrive Supreme.