Fuchs ODS settings!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Jimmydeez, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Member

Hey guys my ODS Custom 20 just got here. I have only played around with it for about a half hour. I am getting a great clean sound and some killer lead tones.

Lets hear what your settings are. I play mainly jam style rock.

Also what speakers are you using. The ODS is really ear fatiguing with a V30. The problem is I want to use a headbone and switch between my 6545 and the fuchs and I love the sound of the 6545 with the V30. So basically I need a speaker that will sound great with both and be able to handle 60 watts.

Here is the rig:

[​IMG]

2. scottl

scottl Member

Bring them over at some point. I have lots of choices to try. I like the Eminence Red White and Blue. You can borrow a Wizard I have here as well.

Congrats btw. And, didn't ole' dog ears tell you just how HORRID the V30 is with amps of this ilk??? ;)

3. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Member

Yeah you told me. It just sounds so good with the Dr. Z.

BTW

4. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Member

BTW anyone have any preamp tube suggestions.

5. scottl

scottl Member

EH 12ax7 or maybe JJ803s. i have some Tung sols coming too. I can report back. Or better yet, derrrrr..... Bring it over. lol

6. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

Sounds like it's time for a 2x12 cab with some G12H30's! Both the above mentioned amps will sound great through these IMHO from personal experience.

FWIW.... Vintage 30's get a lot of flack and in some cases deservedly. But it's usually because of playing the wrong style amplifiers through them or even more ofter not giving them enough time to break in. In my experience it takes a loooong time of heavy use to really get the V30's to start coming into their own. But once they finally do get seasoned enough the pay off can be quite surprisingly good. And with the right cab and amp combo can be as musical as just about any ceramic speaker made. But....as ol' dog ears said, it's probably not the best choice of speaker for the ODS. But boy do both those boxes rock through G12H30's!! But I digress....... ;)

7. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Member

I want to keep it to a 1x12 so the G12H30 is out. Maybe something in the eminence line.

8. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

Understood. FWIW, If you come across a Carr Kingpin 60,that would be perfect for your rig. That is one killer sounding speaker and is made for Carr by Eminence. It's actually one of the only Emi's I've really liked and would work very well with the ODS' tone and character. I've seen Kingpins on eBay on occasion for very reasonable prices. Just ask any Carr owner and they'll tell you this is a great speaker.

9. scottl

scottl Member

Red White and Blue.....

Red White and Blue

Red White and Blue

ad infinum.......

10. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Member

How do you think the red white and blues would sound with a british style amp. I know thats not really your cup of tea but any help would be great. I am thinking that the Wizard might be great for both.

Scott if you have any free time the next couple of weekends let me know. Shoot me a pm or an email. Jimpalereason at gmail (dot) com

11. scottl

scottl Member

I have a Wizard here that you can take. Try her out.....

I am not sure my schedule. Why don't you email me with an offer of wehn you can come. I'll clear it with the boss.

Scott

12. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Member

BTW do you guys have any idea how to get at the speaker in my Avatar 1x12. I can't get the grill cloth off and it looks like there are screws holding the speaker on from that side.

I am a total idiot.

13. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Member

thanks Scott. I'll email you.

14. scottl

scottl Member

There should be two screws holding the grill on from the inside.