Fuchs ODS30SLX - Holy Sh*t!! Where has this amp been all my life?!

Fretmaster

I've played a lot of amps in my time and it's been a long, long time since I've played an amp that I was so instantly smitten with and to this level of impressed. When I unpacked her I was a little taken back by all the controls (especially since I don't have the manual yet) so I just plugged in my Suhr Carved Top and set everything straight up flat. From there I started tweaking the cleans (which are flippen fantastic BTW) and eventually I delved into the OD side of things. I went from blown away to just flat out giddy!! This amp sound FANTASTIC!! I have only had an hour on her so far but I can tell this is the start of a long and happy relationship. It fits my style of playing so well I am almost without words to describe my amazement. Responsive, dynamic, punchy, open, thick, rich, harmonic and I could go on and on. I'll elaborate further as I've had more time to tinker and dial her in but if it gets any better than this I may have to be institutionalized!:eek: :D :dude

Fretmaster

Oh yeah.... I was player her through my favorite Bruno semi-open back 4x12 loaded with Celestion Blue Alnicos. Dear lord is this sweeeet!!:dude

JimmyD

Congrats on being jazzed. I'd like to investigate Fuchs as well, but I don't know if I need a 30 watter or a 50 watt. I don't know of any dealers close to my location in PA either.

Happy tweaking,
Jim

scottl

Originally posted by JimmyD
Congrats on being jazzed. I'd like to investigate Fuchs as well, but I don't know if I need a 30 watter or a 50 watt. I don't know of any dealers close to my location in PA either.

Happy tweaking,
Jim
Why don't you take my 30 out to a gig?? You can borrow it.....

Scott

Fretmaster

Originally posted by scottl
What did I tell ya!!

Always trust ole' dog ears.......

:dude
Hey Scott, You're right brother! She's jaw dropping for sure. Thanks for your input. I'll be in touch after I've had a little time with her.;)

Boomer

Originally posted by JimmyD
Magdon Music
225 Lackawanna Avenue
Olyphant, PA 18447
1.888.MAGDON.1

Roxy Guitars
7026 Ridge Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19128

HTH

JimmyD

Why don't you take my 30 out to a gig?? You can borrow it.....

Scott
Scott, thanks for that extremely generous offer. I'd love to gig the amp. I'll PM ya.

Thanks Boomer as well!

Jim

CNOTE

Hey Fretmaster!

The new Fuchs looks awesome in Black. Riding smooth on top of the Bruno cabinet looks oh! so sweet. Congrads on the new gear.

Is it a screaming machine for being 30 watts? My VHT Super 30 is one loud dog if you just crank the vol. to 7. Your going to enjoy a 30 watt amp,if you hav'nt played one.

What other bad boys were you looking at for acquisitional purposes?

Let us know what started this new relationship with the Fuchs ODS30.

Dial it in.................

Fuchsaudio

That's an early unit, as it doesn't have the "wattage badge" on it. But, "we don't need no stinkin badges".

I'm glad it pleases you (if only mildly, lol). Enjoy,

:D

Jim Martin

I love my Fuchs (100 watt SLX). Currently it's sitting on top of a THD 4x12 with a G-Major in the parallel loop (set to the Robben approved 116ms). Been playing my Suhr classic into it. It sounds fantastic with single coils. It sounds fantastic with the humbucker. It flat out sounds fantastic.

It's sitting there right now, looking at me.

Um, I gotta go now...

scottl

Originally posted by Fuchsaudio
That's an early unit, as it doesn't have the "wattage badge" on it. But, "we don't need no stinkin badges".

Andy, this may be one that you upgraded. Fret bought it used I believe. Maybe this is Gary's?? EDIT (whoops...guess not)

And Jim...... Glad you are enjoying the Sig slayer.... LOL (just kidding) EDIT: Inside joke between Jim and I, not intended to insult or denigrate any other amp builder product

Fretmaster

Originally posted by Fuchsaudio

She's ser #0320 which according to the info. on your site means she started life as an SLX. Hat's off to you Andy for designing such a killer tone machine.:cool:

Fuchsaudio

And Jim...... Glad you are enjoying the Sig slayer.... LOL (just kidding)
Scott: I love the way you fan the flames of competition.......:FM

Drop me an e-mail, I'll send ya a badge.

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
And Jim...... Glad you are enjoying the Sig slayer.... LOL (just kidding)
Hardly appropriate, Scott - joke or not (and I'm not a Two Rock player). You are active in the design/modification of an amp model and should govern yourself like other builders/designers, yes?

TaronKeim

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by rwe333
Hardly appropriate, Scott - joke or not (and I'm not a Two Rock player). You are active in the design/modification of an amp model and should govern yourself like other builders/designers, yes?
Lighten up, its not like we're talking about Dumbles, we're all grown-ups here and are perfectly CAPABLE of having a sense of humor if we really want to, so lets strive for that.

-TJK

Trending Topics