Fuchs on Idol ***Pictures***

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by LVC, Apr 24, 2008.

1. LVC

LVC Senior Member

Fuchs ODS was very visable on the show this week.

Paul Jackson's tone was spectacular!

Nice to see one of our favorite amps being used to play a wide spectrum of music/styles on a national TV show

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Makes you think...if there were more of US, they'd have an "Idol" where the singers are all way in the background, just giving support to amps, guitars, and pedals.

Those would be our idols.

3. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

"[Makes you think...if there were more of US, they'd have an "Idol" where the singers are all way in the background, just giving support to amps, guitars, and pedals.

Those would be our idols.]"

Interesting concept. I wonder why it's usually the singers who "rule the stage" and are compensated infinitely more. It's farrrrr more difficult to play an instrument well. Therefore instrumental musicians spend much more time developing their craft. But, they usually end up in support roles and are paid far less...although not always. I know, I know, it's the singers who make the big corps big money. But you'd think it would be just the opposite.
    It really irritates me to hear a singer tell a band how to play their parts, unless they're a musician themselves or they're wanting a certain arrangement. And it REALLY irritates me to hear of a singer who is rude or disrespectful to instrumental musicians. I do believe in the concept of a vocal musician for those who are truly and uniquely gifted, but they still rank wayyyyyy below accomplished instrumental musicians on my scale of respect. However, if they have both bases covered ala George Benson or Ray Charles (and are not an a. h.) they will get my utmost respect...for what that's worth.

Tom

4. Tom Gross

Tom Gross Supporting Member

I was driving my wife nuts last night, stopping the DVR all the time "Look! His Fuchs! It's blue!"
    She's like "yeah, yeah, Paul Jackson Jr. Fuchs. I know, I know....."

5. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul) Supporting Member

I think he enjoys his job! His tone has been really really good!

6. Telecaster62

Telecaster62 Member

Great tone but I never saw the Fuchs......too busy staring at the little Irish hottie..........:D

7. mentoneman

mentoneman Guest

man...this was like the first week i didn't get to see the tuesday night performance due to work..
    but i did catch a piece of wed. night elimination and heard PJJ going off and thinking "that sounds killer!"

fuchs amps may be slightly less emotionally stimulating in person than two rock to me, but *i* believe they cut better, and record easier, and SOUND better in large ensembles than two rocks.

8. ford

ford Supporting Member

Change one letter in the amps name and this post becomes even more interesting and creepy!!! :AOK

9. fazendeiro

fazendeiro Member

Thanks for the pics, but I can't think of anything more insignificant than an amp I like on American Idol.

10. LVC

LVC Senior Member

... well that purple box under her beautiful Irish bottom is a Fuchs :AOK

[​IMG]

11. Lt_Core

Lt_Core Supporting Member

Me too...LOL! We're gear nerds ;)

12. GoodGAS

GoodGAS Supporting Member

I'm LoL...as I had intended to post a similar thread...but not being all that familiar with Fuchs was going to ask which model...

I'll own up to the guitar nerd label...as I was also driving my wife crazy pausing our DVR recording of the program...:messedup

13. LVC

LVC Senior Member

I must confess --- same thing happened in my household. Except it actually was my son (yes he is being groomed to be a true cork sniffing connoisseur of boutique gear) that spotted the Fuchs.

He is in his second year of HS and his math teacher recommended him to take College level math this summer at the local college. --- if he gets an A --- there might be a Fuchs in his future.

He will be playing guitar in the Orchestra pit of the HS for all of their productions come the fall.... so I think he should have a proper amp for the gig.... but he has to earn it with good grades.

14. 10-top

10-top Member

The PRS don't hurt the tone any either:D

15. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

I guess you all know your gear... I couldn't pick that out from any other booteeky amp. I figured on that show they tolex the gear to match the set
    :roll

16. LVC

LVC Senior Member

No kidding --- that white semi-hollow was off the hook.:drool

PRS guitars sound really terrific through the Fuchs ODS. I had a Spruce Hollow body that was spectacular --- one guitar I really regret letting go. Thinking of buying another.

17. Nolatone Ampworks

Nolatone Ampworks Silver Supporting Member

Gear aside, (WOW, did I just SAY that??!!), David Cook is a talented dude. Did you guys hear some of the arrangements he's done. Some of that stuff was SMOKIN'! For just about the first time, I look forward to seeing/hearing what an Idol contestant is going to bring to the world later.

18. waylay00

waylay00 Member

Yeah, David Cook is the only one on that show who has gained my respect (maybe aside from Carrie Underwood, she's good :p)

19. customstrat

customstrat Member

I didn't notice Paul Jackson Jr. the last two nights....Is he still there or did I just miss him??? (I really didn't look that hard).

20. Dave_C

Dave_C Supporting Member

I discuss this issue a lot with my girlfriend, who is an opera-trained Eastman School Of Music grad and popular jazz singer in my area...and also recently a co-founder of our new band. I never hear her practice singing. She says she practices in the car, but I never witness it. She shows up at gigs without ever singing a note for days (at least in front of me), plugs in and sings the most heavenly music you've ever heard. I practice guitar every spare minute my schedule allows me and have played for 37 years (almost as long as she's been alive!) and still have not achieved the status on my instrument that she has on hers. Every vocalist I've known, worked with or dated has been exactly the same way. Yet, they are the focal point of every show...even in bands where the supporting musicians were much better at their craft.

I think it simply comes down to what form of communication humans most easily identify with and that is obviously the human voice. Moral of the story? Hook up with a great vocalist and you will never be short of gigs as a guitarist!!!