Fuchs plush tube fx loop and/or verbrator

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by '59Bursty, Mar 28, 2015.

1. '59Bursty

'59Bursty Member

Anyone used either of these? Im interested in using them for the buffered loop function in my fargen's passive effects loop. If the verbrator's reverb is any good I may go for that and kill two birds. So if anyone could comment on that aswell that'd be great.

I'd be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on the quality of these when used in their passive effects loops to drive instrument level stomp boxes. Is there any extra noise introduced assuming high quality short cables are used whenever possible?

Also, where in the heck can I buy one of these? Its crazy because it seems that nobody caries them. Thanks in advance for all the feedback.

2. Teleman76

Teleman76 Supporting Member

Between Appalachian - Smoky - Blue Ridge Mountains
    Contact Mr Fuchs himself for advise. Also he'll sell you one.

3. '59Bursty

'59Bursty Member

I may do that. I was hoping to get to some people with first hand experience to chime in on it first. Also was hoping to maybe pick up one used but that seems like a long shot considering that I couldn't even find a place that sold them new anywhere. I can get a tube buffered loop installed in the amp itself by Ben Fargen for $350 plus shipping both ways. Would only be worth it if I got it used I guess.

4. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Sure not quite up to the component quality of Fuchs, but I've used a EHX 2ube preamp pedal for same function, if you watch used market you can grab one for $120. Basically 2 tube chan with a loop in between them and a drive/vol for each tube and input level select switch. Cut level with 1st tube, send to your effects and then boost back up with 2nd tube. Very tube swap friendly design, some old RCA 12au7 cleartop live in mine, dump the Sovtek 12ax7wb that come with it, they sound horrid. Nos RCA cleartop, 5814a, Westinghouse 12au7 and Sylvania and GE 12ay7 are this units secret sauce.

5. '59Bursty

'59Bursty Member

Thanks for the advice Dave. I saw you post something about that device in an older similar thread. Was going to ask what exactly it was since I'd never heard of it. So you use that device as basically an outboard tube buffered loop and it works the same as a the fuchs pedal?

6. '59Bursty

'59Bursty Member

Awesome thanks. Forgot to check there.

7. buddyrama

buddyrama Supporting Member

8. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Well I'll preface by saying I've never touched the Fuch unit. As all things Fuch, I'm sure quality is off the charts.

It's basically two chan tube preamp with a loop in between them, no tone circuit and runs at full voltages, not a starved plate design. And yes I've used it as tube buffered loop, switch it to line level, drop level with 1st tube chan so that you don't overload inputs of your guitar pedals then on return side you boost it back up with 2nd tube. You can even crank drive a little on 1st tube and lower it's vol so your adding a little grit for some analog warmth before digital delays but still feeding it a padded signal it will play nice with.

Also works great as 1in/2out tube boost for going to two amps, you can set a dif drive level going to each amp. This pedals forte (with 12au7/12ay7) is buffering, clean boost and light edge of breakup OD, always with a nice touch of tube compression which you can adjust via tube selection.

9. '59Bursty

'59Bursty Member

Thanks buddy. Has anyone used or is currently using this though?

10. bettset

bettset Member

i've had a verbrator going on 5 yrs now. the loop works fine and the reverb is good. i use the reverb subtlety. it sits on the cabinet next to the amp. it's not cheap, but i'd rather get something good to start with :munch

11. '59Bursty

'59Bursty Member

Cool...any extra noise or anything with the loop hooked up compared to straight signal? I've always been been partial to spring reverb sounds but am currently without a reverb pedal at the moment. Trying to determine if I would miss the spring sounds.

12. '59Bursty

'59Bursty Member

Dave....this actually looks promising. Surprised more people aren't using this. Or at least I haven't heard if they are. May go this route if I can get it used.

13. '59Bursty

'59Bursty Member

I didn't think of this before but can the reverb be switched on and of when you want or is it on permanently when using the loop function?

14. buddyrama

buddyrama Supporting Member

I used the reverberator as a dumbleator type thing in the loop of a ceriatone d- style amp. worked great. Also great as a verb with other amps. Bought it at roxy, used it for some years, never gigged it and sold it back to them a while back. Great quality, I just use other stuff now. It is in excellent condition, very possibly still there for sale.

15. Garik Alengos

Garik Alengos Member

To switch the Reverb off just turn down the Reverb Level knob, no matter of using the Loop.

I use the Verbrator for almost six years - it's a very good thing..:aok

16. bettset

bettset Member

i saw the one post say to turn down the reverb volume. that'd be what you'd do. like i said i leave mine on. no noise for me. i use it as a loop-a-lator. i have the reverb with a delay in the loop. the delay stays on as well :munch

17. '59Bursty

'59Bursty Member

Cool thanks for the input everyone. I think I'll pick one of these up now. Either the tube loop or the verbrator. Hit me up if you hear of anyone selling one used. Thanks again everyone!

18. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

The current music dealer climate being what it is many dealers are simply not maintaining much stock. Any Fuchs/Plush dealer can get one for you.

Obviously if a dealer has it in stock it will be quicker to order through a stocking dealer. If not, you are welcome to order direct from us: sales@fuchsaudio.com.

Our website is being redone to include an e-commerce interface soon.