Fuchs Slx Update! New Clip Too.

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Tag, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

So Scott Lerner was able to stop by my house about a month ago. You could not meet a nicer or more humble guy. (Except for me of course :D ) Out comes his soldering gun and bag of tricks (No, not that you pervs! :eek: ) and he HAS to add a new mod to my already SMOKING Fuchs SLX. The amp became a little brighter and more present, but lost a little mid range IMO. He is now going to add another mod to bring back the mids. VERY GOOD! That boys a madman I tell you. Anyhoo,he was able to play several of my archtops, and instantly bonded with the Buscarino. Great to hear him playing all of those cool alterd lines on an acoustic, woody sounding guitar. NICE! Scott, you need to buy one.

I did a few of those classic rock clips with the recently modded Fuchs, but here is a single note one. SCREAMING tones! Smooth as silk, and just INSANE sounding! IMO, this SMOKES every Dumble I have played. This clip was done with my PRS CU22 artist with solid Rosewood neck. The PRSs seem to just LOVE the Fuchs. The feel is 100% liquid. GREAT job Scott!

Top clip here called "Fuched again"....... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=121826

2. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Whoa!!!!!!! Outstanding!!

jon

3. Lerxst2112

Lerxst2112 Member

I hate fusion, but I loved the tone.

4. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

Uh - props to SteveVHT for the backing... ;)

5. lhallam

lhallam Member

Nice playing Tag. After a certain point, I think it's just a matter of opinion what tone one likes over another. There is a big difference between listening to clips and being in the room with the amp. I can't hear the subtlies as well on a clip but the tone here sounds real nice.

BTW - Steve came up with a winning backing track.

I get the idea that Scott is one of these guys who excels at everything he tries. He's one sharp dude and incredibly generous. I was playing through one of his personal mods last night at an open mic. Yeah baby. Nice job Scott - as usual.

6. lhallam

lhallam Member

Nice playing Tag. After a certain point, I think it's just a matter of opinion what tone one likes over another. There is a big difference between listening to clips and being in the room with the amp. I can't hear the subtleties as well on a clip but the tone here sounds real nice.

BTW - Steve came up with a winning backing track.

I get the idea that Scott is one of these guys who excels at everything he tries. He's one sharp dude and incredibly generous. I was playing through one of his personal mods last night at an open mic. Yeah baby. Nice job Scott - as usual.

7. Souled Out

Souled Out Member

Hey, Scott, I assume your putting the same SLX love into my ODS 30 so when I learn to play like you guys I will come to know sonic bliss. Thanks, Curt:dude

8. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Wayne and Steve.... I put that in the other thread which the mods merged. I had two seperate threads which they merged into one. I guess because I used the same clip in both. :rolleyes:

Sorry Steve. In the other thread, I said it was a cool backing track, and lots of fun to play on. Thanks for posting for others to play. If you like any of mine, let me know and Ill be glad to share as well.

9. fig

fig Member

Hi Tag -

Excellent tone and playing! I think Scott did an great job with your tone. :)
    . . . and mine! :D

10. tonefreak

tonefreak Member

A lot of members like that backing... excellent job Steve!

Playing and tone are great, as always! However, I felt that the particular improvisational perspective you embarked on didn't fit the backing well.