Fuchs / Strat 'quack' clips for Trisonic

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Deaj, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Deaj

Deaj Member

Hi Pete,

I recorded these this evening. I'm not that accustomed to the strat tones and haven't quite learned how to set the amp up to get the most of them but they sound ok anyway. Playing is sloppy because they're one-take clips but hopefully they'll cover what you're looking for :)

The guitar is a homebrew strat made from USA Custom Guitars wood, Hipshot trem bridge, and Lindy Fralin pickups - Unbucker 4-conductor PAF in the bridge (splits at position 2) and Real 54's in the neck and middle positions.

The amp was close mic'd with a Shure SM57 just outside the voice coil.

I don't know the exact amp settings - I just tweaked a few settings until it sounded good in the headphones. The Mid boost, Gain boost and Deep switch are off in both clips. Both are using the overdrive mode with the gain around 11 o'clock. I think the semi-clean was in Jazz mode with the Bright switch on and the dirty tone was done in Rock mode with the Bright switch off. All tone controls were at 12 o'clock as was the Accent control.

The first clip is semi-clean tone over an Eric Clapton backing track. First bar is the neck/middle position and the second bar is the middle/bridge position.

Fuschs / strat 'quack' clip - semi-clean

The next clip is a dirty tone over the SlowFunk backing track. First few bars are the neck/middle position and the next couple bars are the middle/neck position.

Fuchs / strat 'quack' clip - dirty

2. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

Um... wow... these are awsome! Funny thing is... as cool as the amp sounds... it wouldn't fit my playing style (blues wise)... but man do I love listening to it.

These are absolutely rockin' clips.

And this song makes me wanna dance... :moon

3. myles loud

myles loud Supporting Member

hey deaj!!
    nice clips!! the first has a mark knopfler <----spl??? tone to it, very nice!!!!
    the second is full and rich also!!!!
    myles

4. trisonic

trisonic Member

Thanks, Deaj. To be honest I was concerned that the amp couldn't do it!
    Nice tones, indeed. I particularly liked the unusual timbre of the 2nd clip, very distinctive.

Many thanks for taking the time.

Best, Pete.

5. Deaj

Deaj Member

You're welcome Pete!

6. trisonic

trisonic Member

Deaj,
    You had another question about Marshall tones? Take a look at the Reinhardt 18. Bob can fine tune the voicing and it has a good master (I usually hate masters on those type of amps..).

Best, Pete.

7. Deaj

Deaj Member

I played the Reinhardt 18 at a guitar show here in Seattle earlier this year and loved it!

8. t0neg0d

t0neg0d Member

Which thread had the backing track in it? Didn't see it... :(