Fuchs TDS 100 Jazz clips

• Thread starter Zenbluesquartet
  • Start date
Z

Zenbluesquartet

oops sorry forgot to post details:

this was a quicky session:

I used my ibanez Artcore which is like a 175, with Dimarzio Paf's straight into the clean channel on a Fuchs TDS 100, into a Victoria pine openback 2x12 with eminence legend 121's, my favorite speakers because they are so versatile and warm, recorded direct into protools with a Royer r121 ribbon mic, no eq.

that is it.

J

scottl

I told Andy today that I was gonna steal that lick you do on Autumn Leaves at :52 and 3:10. I can't remember which cat I first heard it from. Maybe Pass?

Great playing and tones John!!!!

Scott

Z

Zenbluesquartet

Originally posted by scottl
I told Andy today that I was gonna steal that lick you do on Autumn Leaves at :52 and 3:10. I can't remember which cat I first heard it from. Maybe Pass?

Great playing and tones John!!!!

Scott
LOL ok don't laugh, but I told Andy I am not much of a Jazz player as I have not played standards in 20 years. Lately I have been going through a small gypsy Jazz phase. If you can check out Andreas Oberg, unbelievable!!!

That particular lick i originally heard with Oscar peterson and then later from Django. had to pull it out of the closet for this one...;)

Thanks Scott, I guess i wil have to learn some more jazz tunes as it was really fun doing this!

Best

john

Unburst

Very nice playing John, definitely hear the Django influence.

Nice tone too, is that the amp's reverb ?

Z

Zenbluesquartet

Originally posted by Unburst
Very nice playing John, definitely hear the Django influence.

Nice tone too, is that the amp's reverb ?
Yes! isn't that amazing! I have to say that this amp is the best amp i have ever owned.

Best

J

Tomo

Originally posted by Zenbluesquartet
Yes! isn't that amazing! I have to say that this amp is the best amp i have ever owned.

Best

J

Wonderful playing, John!

The best amp bring the best playing!

PS, I love Joe Pass's playing very much.

Tomo

Deaj

Great tracks! I really enjoyed both. You play wonderfully - very enjoyable. Your tone was great too - love the Fuchs clean tones!

Z

Zenbluesquartet

Originally posted by Deaj
Great tracks! I really enjoyed both. You play wonderfully - very enjoyable. Your tone was great too - love the Fuchs clean tones!
TYVM

Andy really does have it dialed in! I am finding new and amazing things I can do with this amp every day!

Thank you for the kind words.

J

Deaj

Originally posted by Zenbluesquartet
TYVM

Andy really does have it dialed in! I am finding new and amazing things I can do with this amp every day!

Thank you for the kind words.

J
You're welcome John :)

I've only had my SLX50 combo for a week now but I can tell I'll be discovering new possibilities for a good long while. Very cool amps indeed!

zenguitarguy

LOL ok don't laugh, but I told Andy I am not much of a Jazz player as I have not played standards in 20 years. Lately I have been going through a small gypsy Jazz phase. If you can check out Andreas Oberg, unbelievable!!!

That particular lick i originally heard with Oscar peterson and then later from Django. had to pull it out of the closet for this one...;)

Thanks Scott, I guess i wil have to learn some more jazz tunes as it was really fun doing this!

Best

john

Wow!! I don't even remember posting this almost 3 years ago!!! I found it because I was looking for references to Andreas Oberg. He was here at my house tonight hanging out, playing my GB10 and doing the most amazing and beautiful things! I think he is one of the great players out there really doing amazing things in Gypsy swing and Jazz. Sorry to bump this long forgotten thread, but he is worth mentioning I believe. Have a great Namm to all and say hello at the Fuchs booth!!!:AOK

althrax

John that was really nice, love the tones your getting out of your fuchs amp. Also Jeff did a wonderful take, he has that Tony Bennett vocal vibe going strong on this cut. Thanks for sharing.

ivers

I'm pretty sure Pass plays something like that on a 'Best of' I have, with earlier stuff, like Catch Me, For Django and Sounds of Synanon material... I think it's from one of the For Django tunes.

Really enjoyed the clips, John! Tone was very nice too.

scottl

Cool! Andreas is a super nice dude. I met him last NAMM. I brought him over to the Fuchs booth to meet Andy too. Amazing player for sure.

Wow!! I don't even remember posting this almost 3 years ago!!! I found it because I was looking for references to Andreas Oberg. He was here at my house tonight hanging out, playing my GB10 and doing the most amazing and beautiful things! I think he is one of the great players out there really doing amazing things in Gypsy swing and Jazz. Sorry to bump this long forgotten thread, but he is worth mentioning I believe. Have a great Namm to all and say hello at the Fuchs booth!!!:AOK

enchan-ted

That's it!!! I'm selling my FTR-37 and getting a Fuchs....from hype to hype-worthy.....that's right I said it.

Trending Topics