Fuchs Train-45

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Boomer, May 4, 2005.

1. Boomer

Boomer Member

This one isn't mine, unfortunately ... I'm a bit further down on the waiting list, but here's a picture of what I believe is production S/N 001.

[​IMG]
    Train 45 Specs

2. pureoldsound

pureoldsound Member

Cool...I've been waiting for this amp as well for some time....Can't wait to listen to some clips......Where are you getting yours....I am in FL as well......If you like send me an email.....

3. Boomer

Boomer Member

4. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

OHHHH Daddy like!!!!!

I plan on getting one of these as soon as possible.

5. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

God thats ugly. Reduce the size of the name and train graphic and it will look much better. Negative black space will offset the graphics and make it have a classier look, as it is now, it has major cheese factor in the asthetics dept.

Just my opinion of course.

6. ghost

ghost Guest

Walking in the Shadows of Giants

7. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

+1. Yuk. I'm sorry to say that if I bought one, it sure wouldn't be because of the looks. (yea, yea, tone is more important... but yuk.)

:D

8. aeolian

aeolian Member

I thought the chassis was going to be flipped so the controls were on the bottom. That doesn't look the same as the previous pictures/descriptions.

9. ghost

ghost Guest

Funny
    It looks like a Too Rok amp

10. doctord02

doctord02 Member

where else was the appearance discussed?

11. carlygtr56

carlygtr56 Guest

Steve, maybe Andy should take some notes from this asthetic beauty:D

[​IMG]

12. Blueser

Blueser Member

I for one am not offended by the appearance of the Train 45! Plain and simple is good! I can't wait to hear it/play it!

B

guitar29 likes this.
  13. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Opinions are like....ummm..oh well anyway, It would unprofessional to take swipes at the many other amps I consider a whole lot uglier than this one.

Aeolian: I decided to flip it to use the existing ODS chassis pan. It's the same front sub panel, with a different rear panel, same bottom (with a few hole plugs used), same cabinet, shipping boxes etc. The "baby amps" Lucky-7 and Blackjack-21 are bottom of box one-piece chassis, same cabinet flipped. I get my mileage out of my hardware.

Blueser: Thanks man. I'll have it at the Steve K jam if your coming.

14. guitarlix

guitarlix Member

I agree with Steve Snider. The Train 45 lettering and image should be a lot smaller. I was thinking that very thing and scrolling down the thread, I read his post.

15. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

Not that it matters too much now, but that is not an attractive amp. There are plenty of gorgeous amps out there, some are pretty plain and a few are just ugh. This one falls into the latter category, IMO.

Looks really don't matter much to a player anyway. The tone is what matters, and reliability. When I'm playing, I either have my eyes closed or I'm looking at the guitar neck. I never look at the amp and doubt the audience ever does either. A classy look will get you a few more GAS attack sales. An attractive amp will also have a more favorable view over time. The Demeter TGA-3 is a GREAT amp (I have one), but monkey-butt ugly and sells for pretty cheap used. Looks tend to matter in used sales, for whatever reason.

16. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

Well wouldn't it make sense if Amp builders put up HUGE GLOW in the DARK Lettering on their amps?
    This way when you are at a concert and you go, wow what tone! You know exactely what is responsible.
    I remember at times trying to get closer to the stage to figure out wat someone was playing :D

17. big hair

big hair Member

I would have maybe the "Train-45" slightly smaller - nothing wrong with the "Fuchs" logo to me.

Any clips of this amp yet?

18. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Andy, no offense, I'd re-think that train graphic

/rick

19. pureoldsound

pureoldsound Member

Well I guess they went this way for convenience and to maintain the cost down (if that is applicable), since they have the cabinets and chassis designed already using that for a new amp might help lower cost vs. having to come up with a new design, chassis, box, etc…. cost more to fabricate thus more money to pay by the consumer, us…. It is really a simple design not too fancy; it might have a bit bright contrast of the white and black plus the white knobs. Maybe they should make it cream letters as the ODS series and cream knobs (unless they are cream and is a photo trick). Or change the knobs black…..I was aware that they were using the same box and chassis they use on the ODSs, but I thought they were putting the chassis on the bottom as well…..No problem with me as long as the price still reasonable as it is now….

Anyway, Andy if this amp nails the tones that are meant to produced, pretty or not you are going to have a best seller….I just can’t wait to listen to some clips…..

20. wordsonyou

wordsonyou Member

I think it looks cool...and am willing to bet it'll sound real nice too.
    I've got Train Gas :D