fugazi amps?

wilcobaby

Silver Supporting Member
worked on the dvd series um...that i can't remember the name of, where a dozen bands play in a house scheduled to be knocked down....

cheers

Yeah, those are great....called Burn to Shine. He also shot the footage for the live Wilco DVD Ashes of American Flags

aaronblues

Silver Supporting Member
yeah those are great little dvd projects...I've got the Seattle and DC dvd's ...Ted Leo, E. Vedder, Gibbard, some great stuff.....
And yeah, that little wilco dvd, forgot he worked on that also....another one that spends a lot of time in my player....
Both are just shot clearly and minimally, no fuss, just focus and clarity. Just what i want in a music dvd...
cheers

Loobster

Bump for some of the best recorded guitar sounds ever. I put Guy & Ian on the same level as Townsend Live @ Leeds.

rokpunk

love all the fugazi love in this thread!
growing up in baltimore, i ended up in dc just about every weekend in my late teen years to see fugazi, shutter to think, jawbox, ignition, bad brains, etc..
i miss those days of $5 shows in high school gyms and church basements. that was real rock n roll. i got a bit spoiled seeing fugazi....i must have seen them 50 times or so.

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
What happened to the DC I live in today? Where is this stuff going on? Why did I come too late?

Noise Under The Floor

Platinum Supporting Member
What happened to the DC I live in today? Where is this stuff going on? Why did I come too late?

Lol Joe Lally looks like like Seth Green in this vid. My wife's got photographs from this show tucked away somewhere.

I wonder what happened to DC too. Used to have a great music scene that seem to really dry up around the late 90's. There used to be great shows almost every weekend. DC Space, the old 9:30 Club, out in some park like the one in the vid you posted, even in church basements/social halls....there was always a good band to see. I miss those days. It doesn't seem like anyone kept it going, at least not in the same way these guys were doing it.

monarch

Fugazi is still one of my all time favorite bands. I got to see Joe Lally play in Novermber and talked to him after ther show, he's a super nice guy. I really wish fugazi would record another record and tour.

Top Bottom