Fulldrive 2 vs. MXR CBMOD

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Risewithfaith, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Risewithfaith

Risewithfaith Member

I've recently had MXR's Custom Badass Modified Overdrive enter my radar and I am very interested in this pedal. I am currently running a Fulldrive 2 and a Green Rhino on my board, and I don't see the Green Rhino moving anytime soon.

My questions would be: 1. Has anyone compared the FD2 and the CBMOD, and how was it? 2. How well do you think the CBMOD would stack with the Green Rhino?

2. Risewithfaith

Risewithfaith Member

Bumping this post because my phone accidentally posted twice. Sorry for the double-posy TGP.

3. sleejay80

sleejay80 Member

I'm also interested in this.

Wondering if the Badass OD can be: bump off=FD2 FMish, bump on=FD2 Vintage-ish

Which would make the Badass OD kind of like a single-channel FD2 that everyone (including me) is wanting to get a hold of.

4. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

Not really. Without the comp-cut (best clean boost ever, imo), it's a no-go for me.

5. Risewithfaith

Risewithfaith Member

Sleejay80 and I are alone in this one.

6. bwires

bwires Member

I've had the FDII and have the CBMOD. Used the FDII when I played my Tele thru my DRRI - added that certain something I felt I needed for the Tele. However, I also play a Les Paul and preferred the more "driving" sound of an OCD thru the DRRI. Ended up dismantling that pedalboard and moved both the Tele and FDII. Now, I play my LP thru an Egnater Tweaker with either the OCD or the CBMOD. Prefer the CBMOD for higher gain stuff as it has tons of gain on tap and is very flexible with the bump switch and 100hz knob. Not sure I could get the same from an FDII.

Not sure this will help but ... my $0.02.

7. Risewithfaith

Risewithfaith Member

bwires:
    It is helpful! Thank you. I suppose I am more interested in the badassMOD's low-gain capabilities and how well it would stack with a Green Rhino, if anyone has any experience or insight.