Fulltone 69 Hiss

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by PLEXIBLE, Jun 24, 2006.

1. PLEXIBLE

PLEXIBLE Member

getting alot of hiss from this pedal with my amp up loud. I emailed Mike and am waiting for a response. Anyone else have this problem. .

2. KarlH

KarlH Supporting Member

open the pedal, cut the zip tie that holds together the wires from the input and output jack, and physically spread them as far apart as possible, keeping the in and out wires as far from eachother as possible.

3. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

I have one as well with the same problem...........
    Is this method of cutting the tie and spreading the wires a common practice?
    I'm not questioning your expertise, I'm just trying to learn and end this '69 hiss problem.
    The pedal is beautiful, but the hiss is hard to deal with.
    Best regards,
    Mass

P.S. Why doesn't the builder keep the two wires apart if strapping them together causes this?

4. PLEXIBLE

PLEXIBLE Member

The in/out wires were not cable tied together. I moved an output wire that was hanging towards the input. No help. I did not notice the Hiss when I bought this pedal. Any other ideas? Does anyone have a quiet 69 pedal with their amp cranked?

5. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Yeah....
    What PLEXIBLE said.........
    I would love to cure this once and for all.
    Peace,
    Mass

6. Rhino

Rhino Supporting Member

How are you powering it? If it's with an adapter, be sure it's regulated. I had a similar problem with my SoulBender and once I put one of Mike's power supplies in the loop, it's once again a joy to play!

7. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

I run mine off of batteries only.

8. PLEXIBLE

PLEXIBLE Member

I'm running battery too.

9. KarlH

KarlH Supporting Member

the only noise probs ive had with fulltone fuzzes involve the in and out wires being too close together and causing interference. I guess that's not the issue here.

10. gulliver

gulliver Member

A friend of mine just lent me one of these to try, I didn't find it to be any more noisy than any other pedal. He did tell me that he uses it with an 808 before it (turned off, not stacked) and it sounds better than without it in his setup, but was referring to tone, not fidelity. Perhaps this pedal is a little touchy concerning it's input levels? Also, try messing with it's internal settings as well, maybe it's set too bright? My impression of this pedal is that it is quite dark, and maybe you're pushing it to be bright somehow and getting hiss that way.

Good luck.

11. PLEXIBLE

PLEXIBLE Member

Mike thinks a transistor may be bad. The pedal is going in for repair. Thanks for all the responses.