Fulltone '69 MKII Settings - Manual?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dale, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Dale

Dale Member

Yes I searched here and hit a lot of threads but none real specific to my question.

I have a '69 MKII coming. I thought I would downland a manual and get familiar with the info about suggested stating points for setting, the function of the various knobs and internal trim(s) beyond what is on line and the like. I was not able to locate a manual at the FT site though. Does anyone have access to an electronic version? I dropped a note to FT asking but the site says it might take several days ... I was hoping for faster to beat the pedal here. I reviewed several things (youtube) online for those using it with a LP. It seemed like all knobs at noon was a decent starting point to me from those. It is hard to tell though as live often sound very different depending on gear.

Manual anyone? Favorite settings for buckers?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. jonlarsen002

jonlarsen002 Member

All knobs at noon except Fuzz all the way up. Sounds great with my Strat Bridge pickup... good luck with humbuckers.

3. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

This new 69 have the same guts as the old version? I'm looking to buy one myself.

4. scolfax

scolfax Member

Pretty sure the sheet of paper that comes with the MkII will just tell you the settings for the input and contour controls to make it sound like a stock Fuzz Face. Both all the way down *I think*. Also suggests fuzz all the way up, volume to taste, and use your volume knob to adjust the amount of fuzz.

5. meterman

meterman Member

standard FF has volume and fuzz. With a germ FF I put the fuzz all the way up, volume as needed. Cleans up great at the guitar with single coils, humbuckers less so but still works.

The '69 MkII has two additional controls, input impedance and contour which is like a midrange control. Stock FF sounds are input bias full up and contour off. As you back off the input impedance the low end tightens up and as you increase the contour the mids stand out more, makes it a very versatile version of the Fuzzface

As for the internal trim, it's for the transistor bias and I don't mess with it though some people do.

6. scolfax

scolfax Member

Ah, you're right - refreshed my memory.

7. Dale

Dale Member