Fulltone '69 - still fun after all these years

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by roknfnrol, Feb 9, 2015.

1. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Silver Supporting Member

I've owned this pedal on and off for years. This recent time the pedal has been a total blast. I set the bias slightly hotter than the internal marking for a touch of bite. Having four external knobs is fantastic; something that I got very used to with my old Sun Face and Sun Lion. I REALLY love the Sun Face but damn you can't beat this pedal for < $150. I play P90s a lot and love the tweakability with the input gain knob on pedals like this.

2. KoskineN

KoskineN Supporting Member

Man...my big box '69 is also my favorite fuzz after all these years. Your demo gives it nice justice!

3. King Rat

King Rat Member

Yes.

This is the one pedal (+Tuner) I take with me to anywhere I go to plug in and play. Gets me a nasty 90s Breeders Fuzz to a smokey OD with a slight volume adjustment!

Sounds better with a battery!

I recently moved to the analogman astrotone which I like more.. but that's staying on my board so this is still my go to!

I'm going to Thailand to play some shows sitting in with a band.... All I plan on taking is this, and an old DOD FX25B for some random quacks!

Great sound you got there with th p90s

4. roknfnrol

5. strombie

strombie Member

Hey roknfnrol - really loved your older demo of the 69 with the gold top LP. It was the video that made me buy the 69 (mkii). I really liked that pedal, but for various reasons, moved on to the 70. Just couldn't get enough output & cut from the 69. But the fuzz tones are great.... keep up the good work.

6. 66Park

66Park Member

Nice demo! I've got a real old silver box '69, which I bought new years ago. I love that pedal!

7. 1973Marshall

1973Marshall Member

Damn you that sounded so good. I bought a 69 and found it so damn similar to my NKT275 so I took it back and flipped it for an Astrotone which I love. The hard truth is I liked the big sound and mids on the 69 a touch more than my NKT. Argh! Redundant but I want one!

Right now though, the Astrotone is my main as it stacks really well with my Bogner Blue, OCD and TS808

8. roknfnrol

Thanks!

9. roknfnrol

I love mids too, works well in a lot of different situations. I need to try an Astrotone.