Fulltone '70 Fuzz, Budda Superdrive 80

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by mike@switchback, Sep 21, 2005.

1. mike@switchback

mike@switchback Member

2. Marcello

Marcello Member

sounds good man !

3. LesPaulPlayer

LesPaulPlayer Member

Ratter, what were the settings on your 70? Was the SD80 clean or dirty?

4. Frank Axtell

Frank Axtell Member

I really dug that clip...great playing and very cool fuzz tone:) Tell us more about the gear on that clip, settings etc...

5. mike@switchback

mike@switchback Member

Wow you guys revived this thread from the dead! If memory serves, this was my EBMM Silhouette Special into the '70 with mids off and the fuzz maxed or near maxed. And the amp was set to just slightly breaking up on the rhythm channel. I was going for that glitchy, tearing kind of sound.

6. LesPaulPlayer

LesPaulPlayer Member

Ratter, that's some *sick* tone and playing for "off-time wankery!!!!"

:dude :AOK :dude :AOK

Didn't you used to have a Twinmaster? Have you tried any fuzzes through that? I'm really digging the sound of the '70 pedal and I'm wondering how it would match up with my Verbmaster.

7. mike@switchback

mike@switchback Member

Thanks guys!

I did used to have a twinmaster ten combo, yep. I never tried any fuzzes through it though. But from what I'm seeing with my Budda and Germino, the '70 (and as you probably already know) really seems to come to life when it runs into a little dirt, and not into a totally clean amp. So if the twinmaster/v-master was semi-cranked and a little crunchy, the '70 would probably wail! In the above clip, I was running into the rhythm channel of the Superdrive, which has a lot in common with the *master amps, IMO.