fulltone cable reliability?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tonybologna000, Aug 16, 2008.

1. tonybologna000

tonybologna000 Member

I've used cheapo cables forever and want to move up to something a little nicer without breaking the bank. The fulltone gold standard cables has been said to have great tone, but I noticed that people had reliability issues from the harmony-central reviews.

Anyone else have reliability issues with these cables?

Is there a good alternative in the same price range?

Thanks!

2. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

Man, i have a F cable and it has been good, that said i would go Spectraflex next time.

I was told by a very good tech to dump my very expensive cables,what i have done is have different cables and i have gotten better results mixing them.

I don't like sounds that are too bright and lack bass, but that is just me.

Don't use brands that will put a blanket in front of your amps(this happened to me with a Planet wave) but don't use overly bright cables.

I have Bill Lawrence for my board and a mix of cables for my Gtr to board , board to amp and modulation effects to the amp and back.

Hope this helps a bit,

Max

3. ed84246

ed84246 Member

My Fulltone is holdng up real well and I love the tone. I tend to go through cables because I probably don't treat them carefully enough. I have had problems with Mogami and Monster at the plug ends cutting out intermittently after using them for a while. Fulltone hasn't had this happen yet.

4. bobbymack

bobbymack Supporting Member

GP had a cable shootout awhile back, and the Fulltone got good marks for tone but dinged for reliability...apparently their test cable shorted out or something, and Fulltone "was aware of the issue and taking steps to fix it"...

Get some Mogamis cheap from the NYAudio guy on ebay...

5. tonybologna000

tonybologna000 Member

Are the Mogamis comparable in tone quality to the fulltones?

Any other opinions?

6. sfletch

sfletch Member

I've been using Fulltones for a while. The same 2 cables from gtr to board and board to amp...15' each. They sound good and seem reliable. Have done 1-2 gigs per week for about 15 months with NO problems.

That seems pretty reliable to me.

I'm still looking for a great coiled cable, though....

7. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

mine sounded ok, but the tip of the cable broke off in the jack of my bass. not good. i switched to lavacable gepco and it's much better now.

8. DerekEstrada

DerekEstrada Member

The issues were with the first batch of cables, which were in BLACK packaging...the problem was corrected, and the new WHITE packaged cables are tip top...their pedal connects are great too...