• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe volume drop

pennylink

I have a Clyde Deluxe I bought used about a year ago. It worked great, but recently the volume drops right down after I've been using it a little while (example: works fine for first 1/2 hour or so of playing, then volume will start dropping when it's engaged). When the wah is not engaged the volume of my rig is normal.

I checked and changed the battery, so that's not the problem. Have made absolutely no changes to the rest of my pedalboard in a long time. The only thing I did was spray some DeOxit on the pot a few weeks ago as it was getting noisy/scratchy.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Many thanks in advance :)

Rumors of War

Silver Supporting Member
Seems odd, maybe hit it with Deoxit again and really give the pot a workout. Otherwise send Fulltone an email.

Before you get too far afield, try the wah ONLY; guitar>cable>wah>cable>amp. See if the problem still exists and report back.

pennylink

Seems odd, maybe hit it with Deoxit again and really give the pot a workout. Otherwise send Fulltone an email.
Before you get too far afield, try the wah ONLY; guitar>cable>wah>cable>amp. See if the problem still exists and report back.
Thanks, guys. I sprayed some more Deoxit, then played for an hour, both with and without pedalboard (i.e. guitar>wah>amp only). Result: exactly the same :( The first 45 minutes, while using the wah occasionally, sounded fine. Then the wah lost volume, didn't have the full wah range anymore and sounded quite 'anaemic'.

Suppose I'll email Fulltone unless someone else has a suggestion? Haven't had too much luck with Fulltone technical support in the past...

Sorry for the delay pl, been travelling. Here's a link to Andreas' site for some troubleshooting ideas.
http://stinkfoot.se/archives/1358
IME, losing volume after a period of time is usually an issue of a faulty component that stores current and is, or is going, bad. The pot is just a resistor with a variable sweep from end to end. I've had them go scratchy but not work for a while, then fail. I'm no expert however, but Andreas is. He's usually quick to respond to a note and has a wealth of wah knowledge. If you haven't already contacted Fulltone, I'd try him.

Trending Topics