Fulltone Custom Shop Mini DejáVibe CS-MDV-1

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JParry335, Dec 7, 2016.

1. JParry335

JParry335 Member

Anybody have first hand experience with this?
    Might be getting one. Just curious how it compares to the forerunners.

2. clothwiring

clothwiring Member

I have one from 2005, it's a good pedal. I dialed it in really close to an original Univibe that I owned at the time. I don't use mine much since I got the Helix, I can really dial in exactly what I want out of the Univibe there. Still I'd say the MDV is a good pedal.

JParry335 likes this.
  3. Dr.Picklebottom

Dr.Picklebottom Member

ive intended to buy one of the black case models since they came out bc they sound great and the price (like most of fulltone's non customshop stuff) is very reasonable.

it appears he changed the color and claimed it was now custom shop so he charge more for it.

does anyone have any info on what else changed on this model other than the price?

4. OverDrivenGtr

OverDrivenGtr Member

15% smaller enclosure and what Fuller claims to be "MUCH slower and MUCH faster speeds than previous versions."

5. MoonshineMan

MoonshineMan Member

Slower/faster than the original Uni's? Or his DJV's??
    I've got the MDV-2 and would have no use for anything slower or faster than what it provides. As for the linear travel in the speed control, I'm good with what I've got.
    I love this vibe, especially after I just got it repaired. It had a really bad speed jump that happened instantly and doubled the speed.
    Once that was fixed (out of warranty, it they fixed it for free), this thing isn't going anywhere ever.
    I seriously don't see what they could improve over a dialed-in MDV-2. The circuit is perfect.

OverDrivenGtr and JParry335 like this.
  6. JParry335

JParry335 Member

This is all great to hear guys!
    Thanks a bunch for responding!

7. Frostbite Slim

Frostbite Slim Member

Anyone else currently own this new Custom Shop version? I just got one myself last week and just haven't bonded with it.

Compared to my 2004 MDV , the current version is Darker sounding (Vintage Mode) and not nearly as punchy. I'm actually preferring my older unit.

Anyone else finding it a bit lackluster?

8. drc

drc Supporting Member

I have one and I have to ask: Has anyone found an EXP pedal that actually works with this thing? I think on it's own, set by hand it sounds beautiful. But I can't get this thing to work with a TRS to TRS expression jack. I have tried 4 different EXP pedals and 3 different cables. The only way it will sweep is using an insert cable and the input and output on a Volume pedal. The problem there is the pot isn't linear so the sweep doesn't react until halfway down. I've flipped the polarity, tried a TS cable...everything. Other than the EXP issue it sounds great.