Fulltone Dejavibe 2 problems

Pedalfinatic

Hello all! So bear with me I've never had much experience with univibe pedals before but here we go. So about two months ago i decided i needed a univibe pedal. I wanted to get those creamy hendrixian and trower tones, while incorporating it into my own material (of course). So i did a lot of research (and i mean a lot), and i decided on the Fulltone Deja Vibe 2, now, this isn't the "mini" version in a wah like enclosure, it's the bulkier unit with the IEC power cord you have to plug into it. These units are a little harder to come by for some reason, I know they're discontinued, but still, they seem harder to find than Mikes versions from the 90's. Anyway. I love the look and feel of this unit, It's beautiful, weighty, a gorgeous design, and don't get me wrong while it's a great pedal.. it's not exactly everything I hoped it would be. While the univibe sounds are there it's simply lacking in sorts. I find myself usually keeping the intensity knob all the way up and having to keep the footpedal right about the point it starts firing like a machine gun (no pun intended) But i have gotten use to that little quirk of the footpedal and actually like it how in the toe area it goes from 70-100 in a matter of a little tap, it makes me be more careful of how i adjust it. However, that's not my problem, my problem is the intensity. It simply doesn't show very well. As i said before how i have to get it set before it even starts to become aparant at all that the unit is on. Is there any way i can adjust this unit so it can be a bit more intense? I don't exactly want to mess with the circuitry inside, but i love this pedal and i truly want it to shine. But checking out other video on youtube of the pedal (which for some reason is lacking compared to other models) it DOES NOT sound that good compared to my unit. Sorry if this is confusing this is my first post, and this is something i want to figure out an answer to. Any help would be appericated!

MoonshineMan

Email them. I had a problem with a speed jump in my MDV-2, made a video and put it on YT. I emailed them the link and they got right back to me. They fixed it for free, even though it was out of warranty.
I had a great experience with fulltone customer service.

DewieCox

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Mdv3 and had the same results as the op. I was used to my MJM 60s Vibe, so maybe not a fair comparison. I really wanted to like the Fulltone, but it went back as soon as I realized it wasn't gonna cut it, even with adjusting the internal trim. I even tried it as a standalone pedal, thinking maybe it was something else in the chain.

I'd recommend going a different route altogether. The forementioned 60s Vibe is unbeatable by my estimation, but in the smaller form/normal power requirements category, I cannot recommend the Mcaffrey Run Rabbit Run Vibe enough.

Renardm

I have the MDV-2 in the white wah enclosure. It sounds ok but I ordered a Moen Shaky Jimi Vibe because they are very inexpensive and that pedal actually sounds more intense/authentic than the Fulltone.

Pedalfinatic

I have the MDV-2 in the white wah enclosure. It sounds ok but I ordered a Moen Shaky Jimi Vibe because they are very inexpensive and that pedal actually sounds more intense/authentic than the Fulltone.
Huh.. i had always sorta shook off the Jimi vibe... i guess if/when i sell this thing i should look into more options. Fron all the videos i watched it sounded like the best vibe, maybe this unit is just crap

Pedalfinatic

I had a Mdv3 and had the same results as the op. I was used to my MJM 60s Vibe, so maybe not a fair comparison. I really wanted to like the Fulltone, but it went back as soon as I realized it wasn't gonna cut it, even with adjusting the internal trim. I even tried it as a standalone pedal, thinking maybe it was something else in the chain.

I'd recommend going a different route altogether. The forementioned 60s Vibe is unbeatable by my estimation, but in the smaller form/normal power requirements category, I cannot recommend the Mcaffrey Run Rabbit Run Vibe enough.
At this point i pretty much agree, if/when i sell this thing i need to look into more options.. i contacted fulltone but i'm not expecting the greatest hospitality or really anything at all.. according to pretty much everyone fulltone cus-support is really bad. So if this thing doesnt get fixed i'm going in a different direction as you said. Weird though, every video i've watched on this unit it sounded a billion times better than mine

Trending Topics