Fulltone Discount and Mike Personally Working on and Signing Each Pedal. New OCD V2.1 ...........

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by The-Kid, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Robot B9

Robot B9 Member

Oh a new OCD version? PASS!

2. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Im just getting one cuz my 1.7 was stolen about a 4 years ago.

Now that this came out going to be pretty happy if it delivers. Also want a MIAB type box and the 1.7 did a good job last time I had a BDRI so hoping this 2.1 is as good or better than my old 1.7 but with added buffer and true bypass switch.

Also dudes offering discount on every thing I believe.

A good amount of the range has received an update as well.

Knaggster57 likes this.
  3. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Yeah man will do. It's coming in tommorow!

4. Robot B9

Robot B9 Member

I hope it works out for you.

In my experience, the OCD gets worse with each version release. 1.1 is better than 1.4. 1.4 is better than 1.7 and 1.7 is better than 2.0.

The-Kid likes this.
  5. Arcadia

Arcadia Supporting Member

I couldn't resist getting a Ranger even though I already have a Beano. COVID insanity. I'm buying too many pedals...

Knaggster57 and The-Kid like this.
  6. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Your Opinion is well noted.

Thanks man and I do feel it's ganna be a good one. Also the new true bypa enhanced bypass is a super nice touch my 1.7 didn't have So I look forward to messing with it.

1.7 was one of the nicest many people agree it was well rounded and you can do a search if you care. Some players preferred them much better to previous versions in general.

I liked that it was brighter than the first run V2 which I felt to be a bit compressed and darker,not bad but not what I was after. I liked the articulation of the 1.7. Did try the first run In buffer and true bypass to see it it brought back some highs but didn't although there was an apparent tonal change still not what I was after.

In fact I kind of felt the v2 first run was so compressed and even more mid scooped than I was used to that the switching between HP and LP for me was negligible were as in 1.7 it was apparent and functioning and either setting was a bit more articulate to for me.

Mike says he fixed this in the new update regarding compression and we'll it's exactly what I wanted changed and it's as if he read my mind.

Can't wait to try it out. Coming in tomorrow hopefully in morning!!!!!

Knaggster57 and Robot B9 like this.
  7. Teleman76

Teleman76 Tubes-a-glowin Silver Supporting Member

I’ve had just about every reiteration of Mike’s Deja Vibe and to my ears, the new ones are the best he’s made. I’ve had the CS model and have still bought “higher-end” vibes that I didn’t keep. The only one that has stayed besides the Fulltone is a Moon Vibe by Electronic Orange.

Always liked every Fulltone pedal I bought. Never had a bad one. The one that I have yet to play is the Tape Echo. Maybe now’s the time to go for it. Tube or SS Tape Echo? That’s my question.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    The-Kid and Knaggster57 like this.
  8. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

look forward to your thoughts on the newes OCD, I thought about trying this new one but I already have the 1.7 which is awesome. I ended up finding a used FD2 V2 so I bought that to pair up with the OCD, so you think the new 2.1 is close to being a 1.7 with buffer/bypass?

The-Kid likes this.
  9. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Not sure if it's supposed to be a 1.7 exactly but the description is a less compressed version of a v2.

Mike states the V2 got compressed as a result of the ROHS Directive 3 thing and This mod results in a less compressed V2. I figure the V2 main change from V1.7 was the ohms the pot value here and there and the buffer an true bypass switch but he mainly wanted to add the buffer thing I feel while keeping tonal characteristics the same as a 1.7 but mainly making the pedal more rig friendly.

I think he succeeded in making it more rig friendly with V2 but the tone arguably was a bit more compressed and I haven't ever really heard him ever criticize his earlier work but just build on it....This one He kind of did critic in his opinion and I agree as it's the reason I didn't get V2 and he is actually seeking to remedy it.

This one it is okay the first Run V2 but it misses with some articulation and top end and misses some nice mids compared to v1.7 for me. Other people love it the first run V2 but YMMV

So....

who knows I'm thinking description wise I'm thinking less compressed version of first run.....

Sounds to me the new v2.1 is like more akin to tonal character of a 1.7 with buffer\true bypass....or it could be a less compressed V2 first run.I

I mean it's kind of either or and it seems like I'm describing the same thing however I put it or it may be something else all together from other versions of course still wholly OCD in character.

But from what I read it seems to me like yeah it's a 1.7 type in character with buffer-enhanced\true bypass.

Not sure. Kind of have to try it out. Don't have my 1.7 or a 2.0 to compare to but will just reference from memory and mainly do a review based on my initial perception of it as always :)

Should be fun messing with that buffer switch after all that too hahaha

10. tele1951

tele1951 Silver Supporting Member

Cool thread.
    I just ordered a Deja Vibe and a Standard wah direct.
    I've got a Ramge Master in my cart...
    Thanks for the heads-up.

The-Kid likes this.
  11. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

I think the SS would be the best way to go as they are more reliable in this case I hear.

Send an email to Mike and see what he says.

Cheers and good luck man.

Teleman76 likes this.
  12. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Yeah can't go wrong with those new Dejas. Fresh stock of cells that Mike approves. Apparently he sends batches of vintage cells to be analyzed and they make carbon copies or as close to them as they possibly can.

Every one is raving about the Ranger too. Not my cup of tea but reading up on it, it seem like one of the quietest, most flexible and liveliest on the Rangemasters in the market right now.

Also the pot has a new 200k pot. Pots are mega important in a wah. I own a CAR wah but are now nice these are and in some respects nicer because of the fuzz friendly circuiy. He alsp spent allot of time on that new design it seems. Should be swell :)

tele1951 likes this.
  13. BearBryan

BearBryan Member

He must be cranking them out if he is building them to order and testing them. I bought a deja vibe today and it shipped within hours of ordering. He may be ornery but kudos to the work ethic.

tele1951 and The-Kid like this.
  14. fiveightandten

fiveightandten Member

So how long have you been working for Fulltone? Haha.

Everyone is keeping the money coming in with different approaches. Analogman sent his employees home with the tools and materials to keep working (building from home).

15. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Im honestly not that familiar with the Deja Vibes.

I believe they are using a stock they have been using since 2018 for photo cells and it may be as you describe in that MDV3 MKii are rehoused MDV Mkii....not sure to be honest?

I dont see any MDV3 MK ii on the market outside of Fulltones shop so that may be the only place to get em at the moment.

Best to email Mike or call to be honest as Im not to familiar here with the Deja Vibes and hes ganna be the best guy to answer your questions.

16. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

@mk.ufo1988 from the site.

As you said

Not sure if retails stores outside of Fulltone have these so email if you want to know either your retailer or Fulltone or call your usual online dealer and see whats up

Version 2 is now shipping! All CS-MDV-3s with serial# 2892 & higher are the new V2:
    1) available up to 15dB volume boost when pedal is on
    2) much slower speeds available thanks to the dual potentiometer being replaced by 2 x Fulltone Custom-made Optocouplers.
    3) even more lush and watery 'vibe sound.
    4) like its identical circuit-twin the CS-MDV mkII, it only draws 35mA of current allowing you to power it with just about any 18 volt DC outlet, or even with 2 x 9 volt DC outlets by using the Voodoo Lab PPY "voltage doubling cable.

Me.....since this Corona thing hit. Im doing volunteer work :)

Haha but yeah thats dope. Totally need to support some of these American manufacturers in these times. I know pedal industry is peanuts compared to heavy industry but still....Idk.

Kudos to Analogman and the JHS dudes too and guys at MXR, Way Huge, ProCo Sound, Zvex, Love Pedal, Chicago StompWorks, Turbo Tuner other manufacturers that make stuff here in America that I failed to mention.

Thanks for helping us get by and making us some dope stuff.

Having a small family business I feel and well these times suck and well that being said thanks again to these guys for making sick stuff for us to enjoy. Making some of the best stuff on Earth now more than ever.

Love my foreign gear too. Made In China, Made in Japan, Mexico, Germany etc etc my gear is very diverse for sure.........But I do love my American stuff and I am proud of it and love to support MIA manufacturers when I can and I like the gear too its a win win.

Heres to these dudes still making pedals for us while most of us are here on our lazy bums drinking beers and eating doritos....speaking for myself here but yeah hahaha

Thanks dudes working and doing stuff still. Heres to you still making the world go round as best it can in these crazy times.

Cheers,

[​IMG]

RobertKeeley likes this.
  17. SinglecutGuy

SinglecutGuy Supporting Member

So, a guy who has made an entire career out of not allowing any of his dealers to discount his products a single $0.01, lest they be cut off, is now offering discounts, but only if you buy direct from HIM?

For Mike Fuller, sounds about right.

J-Flanders and Ryno1331 like this.
  18. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Having enjoyed his products in the past I would still own them had they not been stolen I for one appreciate a business that supports jobs here domestically and provides a livelihood to people who depend on it to feed their families and support themselves. I feel thats important. Plus they make great quality products and they are reasonably priced IMO. Win win.

I really dont see any bad in a man whos made a living of establishing a company that delivers and makes outstanding product thousands and thousands of musicians enjoy while at the same time providing jobs for people here at home. And wow, hes offering a discount and making each pedal on his own keeping up a good turn around time while hes at it signing each pedal personally for the customer.....wow......

What a terrible guy right??!!?

I mean for all the bad stories and such I hear about this "boogeyman"....Mike Fuller.....well some of it may be true but all I see here is a hard working, businessman dedicated to customers, well meaning individual who is just trying to get by in these hard times and doing something nice for people. Im pretty sure Im not the only one who appreciates it and well yeah I dont see anything wrong here.

I think its pretty nice and I am sure other people appreciate it and think so too :)

BluesBUSTER and Dos XX like this.
  19. jeff_lebowski

jeff_lebowski Member

yep, ocd 1.7 is the jam and has been on my board for 5 years.

output dimed and just the smallest amount of drive is heavenly.

The-Kid and Lauri Vennonen like this.
  20. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

If you open your eyes a bit wider, you'd see a guy that's ****ing his dealers.

SinglecutGuy likes this.