Fulltone Distortion Pro.... what the heck?!?

jonlarsen002

I demoed this pedal the other day at Guitar Center. Played through a decent tube amp with a Gibson LP.... all I can say is this thing thoroughly confused me. It was near impossible to get a usable sound. There was something wierd and unnatural about it... maybe the fact that the tone itself sounded like a fuzzy distortion, but there was not much compression/sustain that I normally associate with that type of distortion. Very strange pedal... or I don't know how to use it.

rawkguitarist

Yep, I didn't get that pedal either. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was his take on a RAT. But I really dig my Keeley RAT. Maybe getting into my RAT now, I'd like it a bit more. Cause the RAT is kinda fuzzy, but it still has some good stustain though...

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
The DP is the pedal that he pushed as a tube-based overdrive pedal that was supposed to kill the TS9 and anything else. At the last minute, it became a non-tube-based pedal. Something went awry in either design or implementation and I assume he had to get the pedal out anyway.

jimfog

If you play low output Strat single coils thougha clean Fender amp, you could get a pretty damned nice lead tone with the DP and bridge pickup.

Other than that? ehhh.............

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
I tried for four years to get a usable sound out of this pedal, with no success. I sold it a year or so ago and I have no regrets.

Joses

i tried one last year some time at my local pedal store...never touched it again, don't think i ever will.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
The Distortion Pro is the bastard child of Mike Fuller.

It's definitely the worst pedal in his entire line. But he deserves a pass.

I found a place for it on my Board.It is not my main drive.It is however an"Effect" pedal. I get plenty of use out of it during a show.Imagine that.:D

Trending Topics

Top Bottom