Fulltone Fat Boost v1 w/ p90's?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by e???, Feb 26, 2015.

1. e???

e??? Member

The more I get into p90's the more I'm realizing that most pedals were made for fender single coils or humbuckers, or just sound way better with them. I'm supposed to pick up a fulltone fat boost v1 today around 6 pm, but I'm reconsidering with all the bad pedal luck lately due to my p90 preference. Anybody use this with p90's? Even if you have a v2-3 I'd love to hear your opinion. Thanks!

2. nateco

nateco Member

I had v2 for a while, it's a bit too planky in the upper mids for my taste.

The boost of the FD-3 worked well...it's going to be a stand alone pedal soon.

I'm not sure I would say most pedals don't work well with P90's...I've never really had an issue.

3. doublescale1

doublescale1 FSR Tele Silver Supporting Member

I live on the east side of metropolitan Detroit
    I use a V.1 Fulltone Fat Boost w/my P90's all the time (HB's too), its on my "small" board. On my bigger board I use a Durham Sex Drive for a clean solo boost and that work real well too. I've had no issues with the mids getting "blocked" up and sounding mushy with either of those two boost pedals.

4. Mike R.

Mike R. Member

I used to use the FB v. 1 with a Les Paul with P90s.

It sounded great.

What amp are you using?

5. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

[02/26/15 @ 2:11PM EDITED FOR CLARITY AND FAIRNESS :eek: ]

V1 is quite different from V2. In my view, no experience with V2 is relevant to a question about V1.

In a recent thread right here involving the FB V1, the man who himself designed the circuit (Jack Orman) opined on how to set the FB's knobs for maximum clarity versus maximum fatness. Look it up if interested.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  6. amz-fx

amz-fx Supporting Member

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  7. e???

e??? Member

Using a Supro Thunderbolt (new as of a few months ago, non rectifier wattage switch version) and a champ for messing around in the apartment and sometimes smaller shows. Last week I played a couple shows with no pedals, so I just cranked the volume on my amp (the Supro) for solos, which was awesome, but kinda hard to to do in some moments and the sound people at both shows got a little mad at me :D so I'm looking for something that's a good slight overdrive, kinda transparent, kinda pushing my Supro type thing. From what I've read/seen/heard it seems like a good fit. Thanks for all the help and input!

8. Jon Silberman

Oops - I fixed my post :eek: (you might consider editing my error out of your quote of it, too, so as not to further perpetuate it in the quote :) ).

9. amz-fx

amz-fx Supporting Member

No problem. Done. :)

Thanks, Jon.

Best regards, Jack

10. Jon Silberman

Balance is restored to the universe. :beer