Fulltone FDII 10th Anniversary Clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by MrMunky, Nov 3, 2005.

1. MrMunky

MrMunky Silver Supporting Member

2. chrisr0712

chrisr0712 Member

Super nice!!! Please detail what you were using to record that track with. Guitar, amp and other effects.

3. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

Very intersting. Thanks!

Ditto the same questions as above, as well as what setting did you use on the FD II? I'm assuming that was the Mosfet Vintage mode?

Thanks

Chuck

4. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

I've been listening to a lot of your other clips, too. You've got a great sense of rhythm, groove, and melody. Everything sounds really laid back, tasteful, and just...well...musical. Thanks for all those clips.

Jeff

5. Phil M

Phil M Member

I agree. I think 99% of us would've gone for some close mic'ed blue riffing.

6. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

Good stuff. But I prefer your eternity clips. The eternity sounds more open and less compressed at the lower settings and sings just as well as the FD at higher gain. Also the eternity seems to have WAY more gain on tap. What's your preference?

7. ASATClassic

ASATClassic Member

Wow! You play great! Very nice tone, too..

8. MrMunky

Thanks guys

its just an Analogman BiComprossor into the FD-2 with a Boss GT-8 for delay and a Vox Tonelab for a very light chorus and amp modeling, direct into a sound card.

I flipped between the vintage and FM mode on the FD-2, and always left on the Mosfet setting. The difference between vintage and FM is very slight to my ears. As for the settings, all the knobs are at 10:00 except boost, which is all the way up. I switched the boost on and off a couple times but I don't remember where.

I definitely like the Eternity better for low and high gain and all things in between, though the FD-2 does a really good job of getting a compressed sound that covers up errors in your playing. I wouldn't say the eternity has more gain than the FD-2 in boost mode, but its certainly of a different character.

9. MrMunky

Upon listening to it, I forgot there were some other things. I used the GT-8 for the faux-bass, and a Dave Fox Provibe for the vibe.