fulltone fulldrive 2 mosfet problems

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wjrhee, Jan 26, 2008.

1. wjrhee

wjrhee Member

i recently got a fulldrive2 mosfet 10th anny and as soon as i plug in a cable in the input, the od side of the pedal immediately turns on and won't turn off when i hit the switch (there's a battery inside). i tried the same test but taking the battery out and using an adapter and i get the same problem. everything else seems to be working fine (all knobs, 3-way switch, mosfet switch, and boost side).

i have no idea what the problem is right now, so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

2. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

3. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

New or used ?
    if used did the previous owner have anything to say?
    If new send it back or contact fulltone at above

4. Laxrappa11

Laxrappa11 Member

id be willing to bet that if you sprayed some contact cleaner in all of the 1/4" jacks and run a cable in and out several times, it will fix your problem.

5. wjrhee

wjrhee Member

it's used, but the previous owner didn't seem to have any problems with it, and he's been quite helpful. i did end up sending an email to fulltone to see if they could help me, but i'll try cleaning it with some contact cleaner and hopefully that'll work.

6. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

ha, the jacks are just two wires, doubt it is the problem, not like you can see if it is clean when not plugged in, id agree with the above mentioned footswitch, probably wired incorrectly or faulty and contcts stuck.

just my 0.02Cents