Fulltone Fulldrive 2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sweet Tone, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Sweet Tone

Sweet Tone Member

Anyone feel like this pedal doesn't age well?

2. The Toneking

The Toneking Member

I've got one of the red ones and a blue one...they still smoke!

3. NortheastHick

NortheastHick Supporting Member

Age well? If you like tubecreamer type od, you can't do better than a FD2. IMO.

4. Sweet Tone

Sweet Tone Member

Well I have an old standard blue one and a 10th ann burnt orange fet and they just aren't doin it for me anymore :( and it makes me sad! I feel like the quality of sound wasn't what it was when I got them... Crap am I just getting super picky?

5. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

Or just bored.

6. ianb

ianb Member

No, it's the ears that don't age well..... :rotflmao

Seriously, I think I know what you mean.

I played with my non-mosfet FD2 for years, but lately, I have been hearing how compressed and slightly ragged it can be. Especially after getting some other, much more dynamic pedals such as the OCD, MP LGW, Timmy, Zendrive, etc.

Mind you, sometimes I still rehearse with the FD2 on my small board, still nice and versatile, but there's stuff around now that just outshines it.

Maybe you've outgrown it...... and it's time to move on.

Or just put it away for a half year or so, and then when you get another amp.....

Bingo, it just might sound great to you again!

7. dstinkyb

dstinkyb Member

I run mine on full sag off of a PP2 to get the tone I want out of mine

8. PixMix

PixMix Member

As of now, it's my favorite pedal. I have a 10th Anniversary one that, I just found out, stacks very well with my stock BD-2.

9. Axekisser

Axekisser Member

Just picked up a used one and I love it but I'm into TS type pedals.

I understand where you're coming from though. Sometimes things sound great at practice on Thursday but just ain't working on the weekend. I think it's the amp, tubes, electricity, etc messing with your tone all the time!

Keep the FD and you'll love it again!

10. Morgan24

Morgan24 Member

Funny how suddenly it is so popular to put the Fulldrive down... now they do not age well... come on... the Fulldrive is a great pedal... but hey you are right it is not a Klon, Tim, Timmy, OCD, Eternity they are all great and if you want the sound of the above be free to buy that they are all great... but the sound of my Fulldrive is still the same and it has a unique sound just as the other pedals do

11. powermatt99

powermatt99 Member

The 10th Anniversary has been my main drive since I got it back in 2006. Right now it is my only drive. As far as TS-type pedals are concerned, it is one of the best. I can't imagine not having it on my board. It stacks well and really shines with my tele and LSS. It just loves the Lollar Specials.

12. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

I also have a 10th Anniversary FD2 as well as a blue one with toggle. They both age extremely well, are very versatile, and sound great time and time again. I really doubt I would ever part with either. For me and my needs the FullDrive 2 is a winner!:AOK

13. PixMix

PixMix Member

[​IMG]

Cool looking, too.

14. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

sometimes i plug it in and it doesn't have that magic too it that it does most the time.... but i just cough it up to amp changes or power or something. it always gets the job done and people looking at me wondering where i'm getting my tone from. thats a good thing i feel....