Fulltone Fulldrive II

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bluesbreaker59, Oct 18, 2005.

1. bluesbreaker59

bluesbreaker59 Silver Supporting Member

Just got mine, I'd never heard one or played one before, and I have to say that I'm very impressed. I really enjoyed the comp cut mode with my 335 and some reverb into my Victoria, got very close to the BB King: Live at the Regal sound. I also enjoyed the vintage mode with my Les Paul, laying down some serious ZZ Top grooves. Haven't tried it with the strat yet, but I was mightily impressed with the pedal.

This is now 3 for 3 with Fulltone pedals for me, I've owned multiple '69 pedals, and multiple Fat Boosts in the past and they've always been great. I'm thinking about buying a Mini-Deja Vibe in the future from Mike. I don't know why so many people rag on the guy, everytime I've emailed him, he's been very polite, and willing to help. He just doesn't spend a lot of time with BS, and that's fine with me. Anyway, just wanted to give a cheer out for this fine Fulltone product.:dude

2. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Got to agree with you the FD-2 is a great sounding pedal, It sounds fat with my Deluxe Reverb RI. Mike is about to release the FD-2 with Mosfet mod I cant wait to hear what that is like!

3. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

I use mine with my Matchless SC30 (EL84's).
    That is a classic combination. Especially humbuckers.
    S.
    j

4. GasMask

GasMask Member

Yeah! I Emailed a question to him right before I went to bed one night. When I woke up the next morning, his answer was waiting in my inbox. You just can't beat that!

5. bluesbreaker59

bluesbreaker59 Silver Supporting Member

Tried it with the Jimmie Vaughan strat today, with a little Reverb from my Holy Grail, and with the pedal on Flat Mids mode, or better yet "Comp Cut", I was in T-Birds territory. I really love what this pedal does to my strat the best, what it does with the 335 is nothing short of amazing, but the strat and the FD-2 is just a phenomenal combination.

Part of me really wishes I had a Blackface type amp too, that way I could have a Tweed and a BF Reverb combo, truly the best of both worlds IMHO.

6. newstrat60

newstrat60 Member

Will the Mosfet Edition have the exact same "classic" circuit & sound available as in the regular FDII ?

i mean if you dont like Mosfet, will you have like a regular FDII under your feet ?

7. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Yeah the Mosfet version is the same as the std FD-2 but with the option of turning on or off the Mosfet mode! So now its even more versatile!

8. newstrat60

newstrat60 Member

thanks ! i want one bad ! i hope i'll be fast enough to get one from Musictoyz !

can u quote bands / eras that used Mosfet for OD ?

9. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

I believe it has some changes as well as the MOSFET option.

10. newstrat60

newstrat60 Member

what changes ? :confused:
    why do you believe that ?

11. Alex Law

Alex Law Member

I don't know what changes, and I believe that because the man said so. I think every rev of FD2 has been subtly improved upon.