• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Fulltone Fulldrive

shuffle

Member
Messages
903
Can someone describe to me the sound you get from one of these??

Everyone seems to have em.

I'm looking for a non transparent overdrive - NOT distortion!

I have an Analogman TS9-808 Silver and i love that - but i want a more 'rich' or 'think' overdrive that sounds similar... One where i wont use my amps overdrive at the same time - i find my TS is perfect for that - but by itself too much of my clean sound comes through.

Can the Fulldrive II meet this?

Any help?

Thanks!~
 
D

dinrodef

yeah it does exactly what your describing

Just a thought... I've had better luck running the fd2 on clean amps that are 6l6s... my el34 amps sound kinda brittle on the clean channel with the fd2
 

slacker

Senior Member
Messages
460
The Fulldrive 2 is a very good overdrive and I sold my TS10 because of it. But it likes 6L6 and EL34 amps a lot better than EL84 (AC15 ri). It also works better if the amp is driven a bit. If you are wanting one to use with an AC30 at bedrrom levels you might be disapointed.
 

newstrat60

Member
Messages
262
Originally posted by slacker
The Fulldrive 2 is a very good overdrive and I sold my TS10 because of it. But it likes 6L6 and EL34 amps a lot better than EL84 (AC15 ri). It also works better if the amp is driven a bit. If you are wanting one to use with an AC30 at bedrrom levels you might be disapointed.
Hi C. ! :cool:
 

Phil M

Shapeshifting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Messages
11,707
Don't know about ebay but I see non-toggle versions for $110-$120 and newer toggle ones for $130-$150 in the emporium all the time.
 

newstrat60

Member
Messages
262
Originally posted by slacker
Hello, got bored with HC? :)

a bit, i'm looking for more raw and usefull informations about pedals, so a forum that has on one page, say 25 useful post about OD pedals seems damn fine to me :cool:

it's gonna be hard to keep my promess to have no more than 4 pedals, if i do, i'll have to let go not only the Machine, but also the Jacques Handmade OD

nice to see you here :)
 

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
6,427
I really like the FD-2 its versatile and has a good tone! You have 3 choices Clean boost(Comp Cut), Flat Mids(FM) or the old faithfull mid hump(Vintage mode) just like a TS but better! I'm using it with a 59 Bassman RI and a Deluxe Reverb RI both set with a clean tone!
 

slacker

Senior Member
Messages
460
Originally posted by newstrat60
a bit, i'm looking for more raw and usefull informations about pedals, so a forum that has on one page, say 25 useful post about OD pedals seems damn fine to me :cool:

it's gonna be hard to keep my promess to have no more than 4 pedals, if i do, i'll have to let go not only the Machine, but also the Jacques Handmade OD

nice to see you here :)
So when you buying a FD2 then?
 

newstrat60

Member
Messages
262
Originally posted by slacker
So when you buying a FD2 then?
maybe ill trade the Machine for one, but i'm hesitating beetween FDII, Eternity, or Tim (i dont want to spend cash, except a bit for a nano)

Maybe i'll keep the Jacques, it's my 1st boutique pedal, and i like it's raw sound, maybe too dry (even if there's a "comp" mode")
 

CharlieNC

Member
Messages
651
newstrat60,

i sent you a pm. if your looking to let go of the Machine, i may be interested.

just a heads up.

charlie
 

newstrat60

Member
Messages
262
Originally posted by slacker
So when you buying a FD2 then?
sorry for the 2nd quoting, but, man, i think I also have GAS for... KLON :eek:

u told me you found it too harsh / trebly right ?

i like tonefrenzy clips, very Sonic Youth sound (they used to play one)
 

slacker

Senior Member
Messages
460
Eric

I'd try a Klon before you trust my ears. I think my ears are tuned to treble. I always got told to turn my bass guitar down and I can hear sounds (deaf loop whistles, chimmey flue whistles, fax machines warbling) that no-one else can. Good job I stopped playing bass. :)

Back on topic I tend to run the FD2 tone control between 3 o clock and full. So to me it's a dark pedal, YMMV.

If you can find a second hand one, go for it as you can always shift it on.
 

newstrat60

Member
Messages
262
Originally posted by slacker
Eric

I'd try a Klon before you trust my ears. I think my ears are tuned to treble. I always got told to turn my bass guitar down and I can hear sounds (deaf loop whistles, chimmey flue whistles, fax machines warbling) that no-one else can. Good job I stopped playing bass. :)

Back on topic I tend to run the FD2 tone control between 3 o clock and full. So to me it's a dark pedal, YMMV.

If you can find a second hand one, go for it as you can always shift it on.
i think i'm tuned to treble, i like trebly sounds, so maybe FDII will be too dark for me i dunno... bah ! i know its gonna be beetween Tim / FDII / Eternity

did u try Tim and Eternity ?
 

slacker

Senior Member
Messages
460
I've tried the TIM IMHO it's better than the FD2 but not enough to make me go through the hassle of getting one (ringing Paul C, waiting, sending an international money order, waiting again, getting a letter three years later from Parcelfarce saying I owe duty in the pedal, waiting for them to deliver it). If the guy who owns it said, Chris I want to sell you my TIM, I'd say yes please.

Anyways, pedals are dependant on the amp and if you are changing your Fender for something else wait. If you by a Nano then all the od's and boosts I've tried were excellent these are

Fulldrive 2
Blackstone
Monkey FX Chubby Chimp
King Of Tone
Beano Boost (side of Sun Lion)
Super Duper 2 in 1
 

newstrat60

Member
Messages
262
i plan to keep the Blues Jr for a while (money issues), even if i buy a Nano, cos i like the cleans of the fender

the fun stuff is, as the Jacques OD is my 1st and only OD "boutique", maybe it's the best for me :D

the fact that u say Tim is better that FD2 is relevant for me, but there's no mid hump at all right if needed ?
 




Top Bottom