1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Fulltone Gold Cables: Anyone got specs?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jamison162, Jun 19, 2008.

1. jamison162

jamison162 Member

On capacitance? I love the tone, feel and signal level. I'm trying to diagnose an issue I'm having and would benefit from knowing the capacitance of this cable. Anyone know anything? Guess I "could" contact Mike.

2. gibson60

gibson60 Member

According to the Guitar Player Cable Shootout article, Fulltone Gold's have a capacitance of 25 pf/ft

3. guitardr

guitardr Silver Supporting Member

+1. Great shoot-out/article.

4. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Lower than I thought. One 15' cable is fine, but add another and I'm hearing a definite loss of high-end. Loss of openness and feel, get's kind of tubby sounding.

5. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

6. drod2045

drod2045 Member

i had a set and was very happy. I now have Lava ELC and am also very happy!

7. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Guess I'm gonna have to run a buffer...either my RC or try the SCP...on all the time.

8. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

the tip of one of my fulltone cables broke off in the jack of my bass! we had to drill it out. this happened two hours before a gig, of course. i've never had that happen with a cable before. i thought that was pretty weird.

9. jamison162

jamison162 Member

I've had problems with all the right angle Fulltones. They all broke so I soldered on G&H connectors. Haven't had that problem with the straight ends (knock on wood).

10. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Any Fulltone Gold users (ex-users) try and like the Evidence Lyric HG or Vovox better. I've tried the Zaolla and liked the Fulltone better.

11. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Its clear that you're ignoring whatever is between those two 15' cables.

12. whoismarykelly

I have a vovox cable that is very nice. The Lava ELC is probably the best cable for the money there though. I wouldn't say the Vovox sounds $100 better than the ELC anyway.

13. jamison162

jamison162 Member

There was nothing but a single TB pedal to link them. This was an isolated "test" so to speak. I wasn't running through all 50 pedals, hehehe.

14. pbone

pbone Member

So, where does the real value lie? I've heard that soldering your own is the best way to go.

15. whoismarykelly

If you can solder well enough to make a cable that will last and use good components then making your own cables is a good strategy. I usually just buy lava cable though because theyre made extremely well and have a lifetime warranty.

16. jamison162

jamison162 Member

What was this question in reference to, kind of out-of-the-blue? Value in..cables in general? I've made many a Canare cable, but I just don't like the tone of GS-6 compared to the Fulltone or Bill Lawrence even.