fulltone OCD & FD2, how many mAs?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Joost Assink, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Joost Assink

Joost Assink Member

To share an output on my flatliner 6, the pedals shouldn't exceed 100mAs when daisy chained. They'll probably not add up to that but best make sure. I asked fulltone but have yet to receive an answer. So I thought i'd ask you guys. Couldn't find it online or in the manual.

2. mikewaz

mikewaz Member

I'm all but certain you'd be able to daisy chain them together on one 100 mA output; according to Fulltone's website, the maximum power draw of the GT-500 with everything cranked is 14 mA, and I find it hard to believe that either the OCD or FD2 triples that power draw on their own.

3. Joost Assink

Joost Assink Member

Hi Mike
    Thanks. It confirms what I thought. Well if anyone knows for sure please let me know thanks!

4. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

This is from "Stinkfoot"''s site. As he mentioned, he is suspect over the 35mA reported (but it is safe, it most likely is less...maybe the guy read it wrong and it is reall 3.5 mA) but WAY conservative it is max 41mA or so.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (10th anniversary edition) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]35 mA (reported - to me it seems far too high for that circuit) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fulltone OCD[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6.5 mA[/FONT]

Total 41.5mA....no problem!

Check out the site, this guy is in Sweden (and posts here as well) and his site is CHOCK full of great info...it's VERY easy to measure for yourself by the way if you have a multimeter (volt-ohm-amperes meter).

Here is the source:
    http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/power/list.htm

click on "others" and you get a pop-up window with the info I provided above.

5. Joost Assink

Joost Assink Member