Fulltone OCD Help Please

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarman1956, Mar 11, 2008.

1. guitarman1956

guitarman1956 Supporting Member

Now there's 4 versions out. How is each one different? Can you give a 5 word or less opinion on each version? Thanks for the help

V1=
    V2=
    V3=
    V4=

2. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

3. madscientist

madscientist Member

4. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

V1= Hopped-up but ripe Rose. Reminds one of cocoa, whimsical celery and semi-weak pineapple. Drink now through 2009.

V2=Twisted but limp Zinfandel. Starts with onion, zelous carrot and forward salted beef. Drink now through 2011

V3= Wimpy and musty Pinot Gris. A mouthfull of plum, lackluster carrot and perceptable citron. Drink now through 2009

V4= Powerful but equally sad Rhone. Reminecent of tangerine, limp anise and perceptable french oak. Drink now through 2012

5. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

If I could help I would. I don't think we need to hint guitarman1956 ought to have used "search"...I mean, the goal here isn't to cut down number of posts (plus, this is still more worthwhile than "what's on your ipod now" or "name the 5 best guitarists in the world, ever!" threads) and honestly, it is a good thing to get several more opinions.

I think particularly this thread could be nice if you get good responses, as it was smart to limit to 5 word or so descriptions. I would like to be able to find this thread in a search (if someone fills in the columns for real) like even now, as I never played an OCD, and there is one with a low enough sn I am sure it is a v1...

Instead of reading a lot of back and forth and lots of more lengthy things, be nice to see it all filled in.

Hope someone responds helpfully! The link provided is nice, doesn't go to v4 though and who knows how long it will be up there...while this archive can be here for a good long time.

6. DerekEstrada

DerekEstrada Member

Fulltone has a description of each version on their website...never mind these wankers who feel it neccasary to leave silly comments and smileys. Some of us are here to help...some of us are just here. Good luck with your search...

7. guitarman1956

MadScientist: That was VERY helpful..Thanks..I'm even taking the time to read other reviews at that web site. I've also asked them if they've had the chance to review V4 of the OCD.

8. madscientist

madscientist Member

I will add my own thoughts on V.4. I find it to be a really great OD. Great tone, good healthy mids that sit just right in a live mix and a good bass response. At higher gain levels (1:00-2:30), I find it to be a very articulate psedo-plexi type of sound, with anything higher turning a bit messier type of high gain thing (not necessarily bad, just a bit more difficult to control and articulate). Like the other versions, cleans up really well, and lower gain levels give a very pleasing sound.

Sorry about the "do a search type thing". Owning a V.4, I shouldn't be so afraid to contribute.

9. guitarman1956

MadScientist: It looks as though V4 is the one for me. I had the V2 many moons back, and it was tooooo transparent for me. With a healthy dose of mids in V4, may be just wat the madscientist ordered. :jo

10. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Any one of these particularly or noticebly better at note seperation with gain up? I'm becoming a demon on that, as it seems like note seperation to me is right up there priority-wise as touch sensitivity and tone.

11. madscientist

madscientist Member

A v.2 used to be my go-to OD, but I found it got lost in the mix way too easily. I can recommend the v.4, but remember, as always, YMMV.

12. madscientist

madscientist Member

With the gain maxed (or close to it), I find that the articulation goes down a bit on all the versions that I've tried. With the gain at 3:00 or lower, I find the touch sensitivity to be perfect on the V.4 and unparalleled on most of the high gain pedals I've come across.