fulltone ocd-how ..you use it?favotire settings?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by takis, May 8, 2008.

1. takis

takis Member

i just bought the 3rd version and i m totally impressed of how good this pedal boost my overdrives and distortions pedals!

which is the way that you are using this pedal;like a boost or you put it in a clean amp and get distortion and overdrive from ocd?

if you want to boost the pedals as i m doing,where is the best position to put it?before or after the overdrive-distortion pedals;

also which are your favorite settings?

thanks!

2. madscientist

madscientist Member

Love my OCD! I use it to get mid/high gain tones from a clean amp (Fargen Blackbird). I set it with the gain at 2:00 for my basic rhythm tones and goose it with a Pedalworx Tejas to get a higher gain, thicker tone when I need it. Tone is usually at the 11:00 range and Volume is set to the room. For solo's, I have a Fulltone Fat Boost at the end of my chain that I hit for volume. Oh yeah, set in LP mode.

I think there's been only a day or two in the last two years that haven't seen an OCD in my effects chain, and that was a huge mistake as it's really become an integral part of my tone. Regardless of the version (I prefer v.4 but owned a V.2), I don't see anything kicking it off anytime soon. I may have to pick up another as a backup.

3. Sikor

Sikor Member

V3 is a great choice :BEER

I use it with clean or very slightly overdriven sound, but mostly clean.

Gain between 10 and 1 o'clock, tone at 11-12 c'clock, volume to taste.
    With 9V I preferred HP mode, but powered by 18V I like LP mode more :AOK

4. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

I use the OCD for modest gain over a clean amp, followed by a Fat Boost for extra gain / lead. Works very well in this set up.

5. takis

takis Member

thanks for the answers guys!
    after 4 days with this pedal i think i like it also to use it with a clean amp...
    this pedal has amazing tone as a stand alone unit and also like a boost with my jampedal tubedreamer overdrive!

6. goldenboy

goldenboy Member

I usually play with a semi-dirty amp as my base sound (like a cranked champ & a 2x10) and use my v2 to go to a boost/little extra gain, a boost/higher gain and a boost/maxed gain sound depending on the song. I'll use the HP mode if I want it more "marshally," like the instructions say. That being said, I've also used it over a clean amp in the same way. I like it.

7. pi22seven

pi22seven Member

Gotta v.4 and I love it.

I set the gain to about 2 as well so it's dirty but still cleans up. SHOs in front and back.

8. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

I've said it before. I think around 1 or 2 o'clock for gain is where the magic is at for gainer sounds. I like the tone around 12 or 1. Any more than 1 or 2 is too much for me. It adds more gain, but looses note for note clarity. I should mention I have v2 so that might make a difference.

I also like the gain really low at around 8 or 9 o'clock. With the gain that low its a really dynamic pedal. I really need to try out v4 some time. However, I'm holding out for an Axe-Fx :)

9. PFCG

PFCG Member

I have the first version.

i crank the gain for max saturation
    Use it in HP mode
    I set the treble up around 2 o'clock
    and set the volume to a tad over unity gain. this way i control it all with my volume pot.

10. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

I usually run mine (v4) into clean amp on HP, gain set to 2 o' clock, volume a little over unity and treble at 12-1 o' clock, clean it up w/ volume knob. Sometimes boost it w/ BSM BD-2- great, great pedal :AOK