1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fulltone OCD mod help

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Scarvin1, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Scarvin1

Scarvin1 Supporting Member

Hi,
    New guy here, looking for some help. I just purchased a Fulltone OCD that had a botched 500k mod. I believe it only needs a new pot, but dont know if the original is linear or audio taper. Any help is greatly apprecited.

Mike

2. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Jim Salman(?) would know...

3. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

I'm not sure which pot was replaced but generally, Gain pots are linear and volume,level are audio.

Scott
    :rolleyes:

4. WailinGuy

WailinGuy Member

Scarvin1,

I've successfully replaced the volume pot in my OCD. I put in an audio taper 500K pot, although I think Fulltone is currently using linear taper 500K.

Email me, and I'll see if I can help you out. Please include a detailed description of how your pedal is misbehaving. (If you think the mod was botched, you may be experiencing other problems unrelated to the pot itself.)

Jim

jsalman1@verizon.net

5. Scarvin1

:jo Hi Jim,

I bought this pedal on EBay from someone who tried to add a 500k pot BUT could not find a long shaft mini. he tried to use a short shaft 500k pot thae he put the 100k shaft into. I just want to replace the pot with the original, or the 500k, but don't know if it is a linear or audio taper.

What I PROBABLY should do is send the thing to a qualified repair facility and have it fixed, but where's the fun in that?

Thanks for the response,
    Mike Scarvelis

6. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Not to hijack this thread but anyone know how to get a hold of Don Butler? He's the guy Mike recommends(on the Fulltone site) to do the mods. I emailed him maybe two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.
    Greg

7. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

Blueheaven,

Don is sometimes very slow to respond to e-mails. He is also a working musician who is quite busy and is also on the road a lot. Have some patience with him. He is always good about responding when he has the opportunity. Like the rest of us musicians, he is a bit of an eccentric, but seems to be a real good guy. Like the rest of us, he doesn't want to waste his time either. If you have legitimate business to do with him, he will get back to you.
    Patience is the key here.

8. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Well, I would definitely be more patient with Don than with the process of trying the mods myself! I'll give him another week then and email him again. Thanks.
    Greg

9. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm getting ready to email him, too. I have an older OCD. I'm new to TGP. Here I thought I was the only one who had the same gripe with the sound of the original OCD! :eek:

Doc

10. Scarvin1

Hey Guys,

I called don at his home # listed on his web site. He answered and was very helpful. If email fails, try that. The cost of the 500k mod is $20.00 including shipping.

Mike

11. PlexiBreath

PlexiBreath Member

What is this mod for? I have an OCD, what would be different with this mod?

12. BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven Member

Thanks Mike, I'll try that.
    Greg

13. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

Another friendly TGP member sent me to this thread from a couple months ago. It explains the mod(s) for the OCD pretty nicely. Here it is: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=117735

Hope this helps!!!

Doc :)